London Photography

daveyboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi anyone know any interesting, not obvious tourist attraction type places. But eccentric, different places which are interesting to walk round and shoot?

Thanks

Dave

A trip around some of Christopher Wren's churches might fit the bill, with the exception of St. Paul's if you wish to avoid any tourists. There are a surprising number of them, and many have both interiors and exteriors worth shooting. Some are not quite so photogenic, but check them out online and plan a route around the ones you want to visit. [TOP TIP - Make sure that they still exist. A number were demolished at the end of the nineteenth century, and yes I did try to find one of them. My only excuse is that this was in the days before the internet, and my book omitted to mention the fact that All-Hallows-the-Great had been demolished in 1894.] St. Andrew-by-the-Wardrobe is worth a visit just so that you can say you've been to a church with that name!

It may be worth checking whether or not photography is allowed in all of them, but as I remember (it's a long while since I did it) most of them were happy, as long as it wasn't for commercial purposes, and I also made a donation at each church.

My 2p.

David

Would be more fun to go to Hawksmoor churches. St Anne's Limehouse is quite strange - and it's near The Five Bells And Bladebone pub.

Most reactions

Back