London Riots

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by John Godwin, Sep 11, 2009.

1. John Godwin

John Godwin TPF Noob!

Hi, a few months ago there was a small riot in the financial district of London. I was at the front of it during the height of the violence and was able to capture everything as it unfolded.

[​IMG]

I have created a full 6 page gallery of the days events, that can be viewed here

John Godwin Photography Guildford Surrey - G20 Riots

Some pictures have captions, and pictures with a blue outline can be clicked for a larger version.

Hope you enjoy.

2. 512

512 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    very good job! :thumbup: i like them very much

3. Dougie1993

Dougie1993 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    That is a cool photo :D

Whats the reflection of on his helmet?

4. JPJ2007

JPJ2007 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Reflection? Looks like either Egg or something else. lol

5. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    I went and looked at your gallery of photos. The photos themselves were good,and bad, but the captions you had were almost universally bad. When you wrote, "...ALTERNATIVE DANCERS WHO GAVE AN IMPROMPTU PERFORMANCE DURING THE DEMONSTRATIONS. WORDS ALONE CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW UNIMAGINABLY ANNOYING THEY WERE. IRRITATING TO THE POINT WHERE IF I'D HAVE HAD THE CHANCE DURING THE RIOTS, I'D HAVE SLIPPED BACK AND SYSTEMATICALLY SLAUGHTERED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM." I think you kind of "jumped the shark" as we say here in the US.

Some more carefully-considered captions would help to emphasize the power of the photos, rather than diminish them. And yourself.

6. John Godwin

John Godwin TPF Noob!

Or, you could choose to take the captions less seriously, as is so obviously intended.

I'm not a photojournalist, I work in fashion. Not every single serious photo must be taken seriously. I notice you failed to mention that I had actually ended the gallery with a very serious tribute to the only man to die at the riots. So clearly I know when to draw the line.

Also, that line about the dancers is kind of funny, I smile when I read it, because it's how I felt.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009