tpfl39.jpg

tpfl29.jpg

tpfl23.jpg

tpfl21.jpg

tpfl16.jpg

tpfl12.jpg

And the 'Dead Man'

tpfl13.jpg

Oh. Wish I was there with you guys.. Maybe next time! Seems you had a great time. A lot of the photos are great. Thank you for showing us poor bastards at home.. :lol:

We all had a great time, Rob and Neil know London well and took us to some great places.

I need to advance my kit and skills for the next meet as I feel I missed opportunities.

Neil, I love the pic of the old man, you did really well to spot and capture that one, the rest of us were a little to slow.

Tony, the candles are really cool. You have some really good one's on your site, would be good to post them.

Oh wow, these are so cool. And what lovely weather you had yesterday. Here it was plainly horrible all day long!
But you got "dead men in purple socks" lying down in the park even! How funny is that!!
Very nice candid shots, all of these! I really like this kind of photography (and shhhh: you gotta take pics of distinctly South East Asian looking - is this politically correct enough? - tourists taking photos of each other, don't you? Either while they pose or while they are at work? More shhh: I took some photos of the kind in DC, too, but never tell! Who knows, I might have become the subject of other people's photos, too, and they now laugh about me --- and I only smile, mind. Very benignly!)

Simon said:
We all had a great time, Rob and Neil know London well and took us to some great places.

I need to advance my kit and skills for the next meet as I feel I missed opportunities.

Neil, I love the pic of the old man, you did really well to spot and capture that one, the rest of us were a little to slow.

Tony, the candles are really cool. You have some really good one's on your site, would be good to post them.

Simon, I think your kit is fine - I know you posted in your other thread about having to change lenses a fair few times, but in that sort of situation where you are inside, outside, near and far then you will need to do that - thats part of the reason for being able to have interchangeable lenses.

All I took were the 17-40, 50, and 70-200, so I probably had less range than you, but thats ok for me - any longer lens and I would have just had a load of blurry photos (unless I got a beast like Robs of course) also don't be afraid to change ISO as and when you need to - I always used to keep it on ISO 100, until I got fed up with shake shots.

Oh, and most of the shots on my site have been posted - I'm treading water till you, Rob and Chris post some! :D

Keep at it mate - don;t be afraid of experimenting, you wouldn;t believe how many folders are on my PC which start with 'crap ...'

LaFoto said:
Oh wow, these are so cool. And what lovely weather you had yesterday. Here it was plainly horrible all day long!
But you got "dead men in purple socks" lying down in the park even! How funny is that!!
Very nice candid shots, all of these! I really like this kind of photography (and shhhh: you gotta take pics of distinctly South East Asian looking - is this politically correct enough? - tourists taking photos of each other, don't you? Either while they pose or while they are at work? More shhh: I took some photos of the kind in DC, too, but never tell! Who knows, I might have become the subject of other people's photos, too, and they now laugh about me --- and I only smile, mind. Very benignly!)

Heh, this girl asked Simon to take her photo with her camera, I think everyone else got the same shot of her at the same time from a slightly different angle - Just Simon din't get to take his shot home with him :D

tpfl17.jpg

Great stuff!!! :D
Keep 'em coming!

Righty ho, here's my take on things!

The city
01.jpg

A flower
02.jpg

St George and the Dragon at the Royal Courts of Justice
03.jpg

Dragon again
04.jpg

Random bloke
05.jpg

No title required
06.jpg

Simon doing the thing
07.jpg

Street performer in Covent Garden, a silly little man who liked to turn his back on us... we are not perturbed by this and continue shooting until we get the shot... bwahahaha
08.jpg

Tempra, Tony
09.jpg

The first pub of the day, The Imperial off Leicester Square where we had lunch
10.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back