London TPF meet ...

I am so, so ,so, sooooo SORRY
I had a nightmare weekend and to make matters worse I left my phone at work so I couldn't even phone you Rob to say I wouldn't be able to make it.

Love the pictures, looks like you had a great time AND I WILL BE THERE IN SEPTEMBER

Andy

Sorry for the delayed response, I've not been on for a few days.

Nice write up of the day Rob. I'm glad you didn't mention about my camp pose, that could have been embarrassing. :er:

I'm looking forward to the next one and hope to meet more TPF members.

Thank you to Rob, Neil, Tony and Chris for all your tips, and making it the great day it was.

Will ve coming in september, and so should nitefly and maybe fate... looks like you had a great time!

gotta love that p&s on a tripod in the middle of the day... really liked your cathedral shot rob (exterior)... but you all had some amazing results... really enjoyed viewing/reading this whole thread... :thumbup:

Excellent photos - feel free to add your settings to the photos - personally I like to see what ISO, focal length, speed etc., are for the photos - helps us not so confident ones to recreate similar images :)

Ian_W said:
Excellent photos - feel free to add your settings to the photos - personally I like to see what ISO, focal length, speed etc., are for the photos - helps us not so confident ones to recreate similar images :)
Download Opanda's EXIF Information viewer. When it's all installed, you can just right click on an image and view the EXIF data - I leave all mine intact even when I'm posting here - so you'll be able to see what I edited it with as well as what I used to shoot it!

Here's a sample of the amount of info which is encoded in one of my pictures:

[Image]
Make = Canon
Model = Canon EOS 20D
Orientation = top/left
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
Software = Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Date Time = 2006-04-23 14:15:14
White Point = [313/1000, 329/1000]
Primary Chromaticities = [64/100, 33/100, 21/100, 71/100, 15/100, 6/100]
YCbCr Coefficients = 299/1000, 587/1000, 114/1000
YCbCr Positioning = co-sited
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 412
A401 = 0
A402 = 0
A403 = 0
A406 = 0
A500 = 22/10

[Camera]
Exposure Time = 1/320"
F Number = F8
Exposure Program = Normal program
ISO Speed Ratings = 100
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2006-04-22 15:41:45
Date Time Digitized = 2006-04-22 15:41:45
Components Configuration = YCbcr
Shutter Speed Value = 8.32 TV
Aperture Value = 6 AV
Exposure Bias Value = -0.67EV
Metering Mode = Pattern
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 100mm
User Comment =
Flashpix Version = Version 1.0
Color Space = Uncalibrated
Exif Image Width = 595
Exif Image Height = 800
Focal Plane X Resolution = 3959.322
Focal Plane Y Resolution = 3959.322
Focal Plane Resolution Unit = inch

[GPS]

[Interoperability]

[Thumbnail Info]
Compression = JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail)
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
JPEG Interchange Format = Offset: 1146
JPEG Interchange Format Length = Length: 7213

[Thumbnail]
Thumbnail = 119 x 160

To summarise that, you can tell that I had the camera in Program (idiot) mode, and shot at f8 at 100mm for an exposure of 1/320th of a second at 100 ISO. A bright day in other words!

Rob

Rob said:
To summarise that, you can tell that I had the camera in Program (idiot) mode, and shot at f8 at 100mm for an exposure of 1/320th of a second at 100 ISO. A bright day in other words!

Rob

Rob loves his little green square box on the dial don't you Rob ?
;)
;)
;)

Lensmeister said:
Rob loves his little green square box on the dial don't you Rob ?
;)
;)
;)
Yeah, cock-up mode *is* my favourite. :lol:

I found out what the green box is for yesterday at my sons 2nd birthday party! :lol:

It's for when you give the camera to a friend to use to get yourself in some shots too! :lol: :thumbup:

True!

Rob

A few shots from my films I finally developed. I gave up waiting for Jessops to complete my order for processing chemicals and ordered them from NovaDarkroom instead!:thumbup:

Some flowers.

Flowers.jpg

The Glass building in front of Westminster.

Glass-Arch2.jpg

Glass-Arch.jpg

Most reactions

Back