London UK Meetup

You're eager! That's a good thing :) :thumbup:

Hopefully the London Meetup will be a 2 day affair with an overnight stop. (at least it probably will be for me!)

I really do think anything before June/July is going to be too soon to for enough people to organise their time and make the weekend available.

Also Rob will need time to scout out the potential locations which will save time for us not having to figure out where to go and how to get there! :thumbup:

PlasticSpanner said:
You're eager! That's a good thing :) :thumbup:

Hopefully the London Meetup will be a 2 day affair with an overnight stop. (at least it probably will be for me!)

I really do think anything before June/July is going to be too soon to for enough people to organise their time and make the weekend available.

Also Rob will need time to scout out the potential locations which will save time for us not having to figure out where to go and how to get there! :thumbup:

Ok! At least I will have something to look forward to! The only thing is, I doubt I would be able to stay over night :x I would be making my way there on my own so unless some really hot 15 year old girl wants to share a room, I gotta go home on the same day! haha :sexywink:

nitefly said:
Ok! At least I will have something to look forward to! The only thing is, I doubt I would be able to stay over night :x I would be making my way there on my own so unless some really hot 15 year old girl wants to share a room, I gotta go home on the same day! haha :sexywink:

At least you're on a fast train line. If you book in advance and you have a young persons railcard then you'll be able to get it pretty cheap, so you might be able to make both days. It's worth staying if possible - perhaps you can find someone over 18 to bring with you?

Rob

nitefly said:
That'd be cool! There is no-one over 18 who would come with me! I will just make 4 journeys instead.. Start out really early :thumbup:

Good lad - that's the TPF meetup spirit!

By the way, how's your sense of direction?

:lmao::lmao:

Rob

Lensmeister said:
Not August or July ...

My son break up from School on the 17th july and then we fly to the USA for three weeks .....

for me any Saturday is good or NOT on a day when ENGLAND are playing in the World Cup games .... Sunday my wife works and I'd have the kids with me. Junior Lensmeister is ok but my 3 year old wouldn't want to do the camera things ....

Ideas I thoght of were London Landmarks.
St. Pauls.
Big Ben.
Drury Lane Theatres.
Covent Garden.
Soho (not the sleezy area although there are some photo ops there and I do not mean girls etc I mean the Neon lights).
HMS Belfast from the river.
St. James Park.
Buckingham Palace.
Some of Londons old churches.
The Embankment and Millenium wagon wheel.
Tower Bridge and the Tower of London (Expensive to get in).
The pile of rubble that is Wembley stadium to be !

Ok I hope to get there ... let me know ... I am sure Junior Lensmeister would want to come along :)

When are you coming to the States and where? Anywhere near DC or Baltimore?

jocose said:
When are you coming to the States and where? Anywhere near DC or Baltimore?

Nope Sorry. 4 nights in Los Angeles then 14 in San Diego. I hope to relax, shoot about 6000 photos and have my kids behave. The first one depends on the last one and the middle one is a target ;)

Lensmeister said:
Nope Sorry. 4 nights in Los Angeles then 14 in San Diego. I hope to relax, shoot about 6000 photos and have my kids behave. The first one depends on the last one and the middle one is a target ;)

Yea, LA is way far from me :)

Have y'all decided on the London meetup date? I might see if I can do it, but I don't think I will be able to, but who knows.

No, but it looks promising for April 22/3, and August the somethingth so far?

If you're intending to come, PICK A DATE please. Where's HvR?

Rob

I'd love to come along and I could probably make the April 22/23 if that would be ok with everyone...

Good,

Ok, we have: April 22/23rd 2006 London meet and the September 2/3rd 2006 meet. How's about that? Who's coming! :)

Rob

Most reactions

Back