Lone bullet

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This isnt the best picture ive ever done, but Its one of the only one nowerdays ive done with my digital, so I thought id show you guys.
bullet.jpg

I know its a horrible picture, but any comments would be great, thanks.

Edit: Thought id add this picture its from the same shoot.
candle.jpg

I'm curious as to what the round is.....rimmed case suggests a .38 but the top looks like a parabellum full jacket...maybe a handload?

Hehe im not rly a gun expert, but ill be more than happy to read what it says on the bottom.

I thought it was a magnum bullet...ohh and thanks for your comment core.

Artemis said:
Hehe im not rly a gun expert, but ill be more than happy to read what it says on the bottom.

I thought it was a magnum bullet...ohh and thanks for your comment core.

It could be a .357 magnum which is really a .38 with a longer case but it still doesn't explain the top unless it's very old.
The full jacket rounds were banned a while back in both ..357 and .44 magnum because they have sufficient energy to penetrate some body armor.

hehe you dont need to worry mate, Its innactive...Im pritty sure they took the gunpowder out so I cant use it.
I have another pic which I used flash with to make it clearer, and I could have a look what it says on the bottom if you like.

Artemis said:
hehe you dont need to worry mate, Its innactive...Im pritty sure they took the gunpowder out so I cant use it.
I have another pic which I used flash with to make it clearer, and I could have a look what it says on the bottom if you like.

Sure....always interested in anything firearms related.
BTW, it's really tough to light shiny objects isn't it?

Scott WRG Editor said:
looks like a .22 Long

Thought about that, say a .22 WMR but the rim looks like a true rim and not a rimfire.
So what's on the bottom already?

oki...it says.
R.P
SPL + P

That mean anything to you?

As for lighting it up, I had to move the candle as close as I could to it.

Artemis said:
oki...it says.
R.P
SPL + P

That mean anything to you?

As for lighting it up, I had to move the candle as close as I could to it.

OK, thanks for the info', it is a .38 and the +P indicates that it's a hot load (high pressure) and with that full jacket it was probably intended for law enforcement use.

Hi Artemis,

What you have there is a Remington Production 38 Long Nose used for Military Police. These babys are a nasty little thing. They were used in the field for close support combat.

Cheers Crazymainer :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back