Lonesome Hill

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
More from the marathon.

Crop tighter on the right side? The lines seem to help draw the eyes to the top/curve of the hill...or, maybe not?

As usual, all comments/critique greatly appreciated.

Tuna

MARA23crop2.jpg

agreed. if you cropped tighter you would lose the effect of the completely empty road and the contrast of the 2 sides of the street.

I'd leave the crop, but I'd apply a very subtle softening to the entire frame except for the subject, so as to provide a simulated short DOF. Not enough to totally blur the subject, but enough to isolate him...

Leave the crop the way it is. As for the softening, I'd leave that alone also. The composition isolates the main subject well enough and draws one up the road. Good shot.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to realize that you are finished. It is a fine photo which captures a moment and mood. Don't change anything.

Ed

ginsberg said:
Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to realize that you are finished. It is a fine photo which captures a moment and mood. Don't change anything.

Ed

fine words there, ed!

I have to agree this is beautifully composed, i can't find anything that would change without altering the moment or mood either.

OM-Guy said:
What about the same shot with a yellow or even a red filter?

This was shot on digital in color and converted to B&W. The effects of B&W filters would, I suppose, be achieved through channel mixing in RGB mode... Does anyone know?

Tuna

Most reactions

Back