Long awaited concert pictures..

kittenbreath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
that i have been asking questions about forever. The thing where I only had two songs to get the shots. The following three are my favorite.

1) Face is kind of soft.. and the sky is blown out like in all of them.
095.jpg

2) I like this one ever but once again I wish the sky wasn't blown out.
081.jpg

3) This is my favorite. I like the bit of motion blur.
067-1.jpg

Anyways, I know that they aren't perfect by any means but I think it's alright for my first time with this kind of thing.
Any comments? Also, another important thing is he into interesting/unnatural editing. He kept the same expression most of the show and I don't really know what to do to spice these up as I'm not the greatest with that kind of thing. Feel free to edit any of these.

Your shutter speed was too slow to freeze the movement, Aperture priority and a higher ISO was needed, it's not really worth editing them due to softness put down to experience, delete and move on

I told you these were the best pictures I got. It's not like I can do a reshoot. Im clearly not a professional but I have to work with what I have and give these to my friend.

Sorry to get defensive. I just need to work with what I got and I was asking for advice in regards to that. Anyone?

Blur is one of those things that, even with modern editing software, is pretty much impossible to actually remove from a photo without extensive work rebuilding the blurred areas. For a small amount you can clone and heal in sections to rebuild; but for photos like your first shot here its simply impossible in a practical sense (ie you'd need to be a digital artist and literally redraw every blurred spot).
It's especially bad because the focus has caught the background elements sharp, so the blur stands out even more strongly (and its not just motion blur it appears to have missed focus on the subject)

The second shot is all blur, focus might be ok, but the subject and background are showing up soft.

Third shot might just make it as the subjects face and head are mostly sharp - but its still below standards and the blown out sky is now much stronger and making for a distraction. Best of the set, but still a ways to go.

There is nothing wrong in not being experienced in select fields of interest and it can often take several events of a similar nature before you really start to get things to "click" and get the photos you want - not just exposure wise but framing and capturing the moment. Practice is the key if you want to do more of this kind of photography - lots more practice :)

You really need to turn your camera mode to 'Aperture-Priority Mode' because shutter-priority mode is usually used for something that is moving at a certain speed. In the first picture, you shot the musician's whole body which makes it not so effective as in your second and third picture you only shot half of his body. Finally, you should change your white balance from auto to probably like shade or cloudy etc. This would change the colours of the sky. But overall, I think it's kinda decent for beginners (I am a beginner too).

Last edited:
I told you these were the best pictures I got. It's not like I can do a reshoot. Im clearly not a professional but I have to work with what I have and give these to my friend.

You can when they have thier next gig, don't give photos unless you are 100% happy with them

Sorry to get defensive. I just need to work with what I got and I was asking for advice in regards to that. Anyone?

I'm sorry but the only place for these is the recycle bin, one of the things you need to learn in photograpghy is when to let go and delete

I didn't remove the blur, but this is a different POV. I know it's not amazing but maybe it will inspire you to try some editing with the pics you have. If you want to give him some photos still, that is.

guitar1 (1 of 1) by lifebyme, on Flickr

I didn't remove the blur, but this is a different POV. I know it's not amazing but maybe it will inspire you to try some editing with the pics you have. If you want to give him some photos still, that is.

guitar1 (1 of 1) by lifebyme, on Flickr

I know this thread is old but can you (or anyone else) tell me how to get this effect in Photoshop CS5?

I wouldn't bother it looks worse than the original, wait till the next gig and make sure you use a high enough iso to get a higher shutter speed

believe me, I prefer the originals as well but I showed him that edit and he loved it..

can anyone offer me advice??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back