Long Exposure City Shots

JohnnyL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys!

I went out this evening specially to get these shots. I saw the place the day before and new I had to come back to get it on photos. I'm not that great but I want to get better so please give me some comments and advices.

4055787572_e6e7bb8ed1_b.jpg

2)
4055046313_46da2c2a9f_b.jpg

3)
4055045895_84aa9a9ea0_b.jpg

I think I should delete 2 and keep the best. Personally I like #1 and 3 best but I'm not sure which I'd like to keep. I tried to take #2 when the cars were going past but I'm not sure if it adds onto the picture. I think I should keep the tail light trails for a highway shot from above or something of that sort.

Tell me what you guys think!Thanks!

Not bad overall, but they really lack interest to be honest with you. Try to find a high point and get a winding road with cars going by. Maybe a hill or an overpass would work. Just throwing out ideas for you. Keep shooting and you will be amazed at how good you will become. Take care.

Johnny,

I have to agree with txphotog a bit here.... Everyone has their own ideas and interests - so tell me... what made this spot so interesting to you to want to come back at night?

We've all taken photos like this with longer exposures to see the cool lights the cars make, etc. I think we do it to see how cool it would be when we're starting out, and to play with longer exposures. I know doing this with my camera helped me learn about exposure, ISO, etc.

Also - did you do any PP on these pieces?

Thanks and good luck,

David

so tell me... what made this spot so interesting to you to want to come back at night?

Also - did you do any PP on these pieces?

I like how golden the leaves look when the street lamp shined on it and I thought with a dark blue sky , it would be good together.

Yeah , I'm learning how to use photoshop. I adjusted the contrast and white balance a little bit.

I like how golden the leaves look when the street lamp shined on it and I thought with a dark blue sky , it would be good together.

Yeah , I'm learning how to use photoshop. I adjusted the contrast and white balance a little bit.

Maybe you should focus on those leaves, since that was what brought you there.

I would kind of like to see what caught your interest, not the whole street.

Not bad, but I agree with the others who've said that they lack interest. I think it has to do with composition, there is just no object of focus. Maybe try varying your perspective, get lower or higher. Maybe try shooting when it is not totally dark outside, just after sunset, with some clouds maybe, and you can add some interest in the sky.

the good thing about your outing is that you saw a location, remembered it and went back later to get the shots you wanted. that's how you will get better. just don't get run over;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back