Long exposure, fun with candles!

TheJakeyl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was in my backyard with a few friends the other night and I thought of a cool idea. I know this probably has been done before but I did not know if it would work. I set up my E-510 on a tripod and set it for a 60 second exposure. I then started to draw slowly with a tea candle. I covered it with my hand when I needed to do the eyes and nose, ect. I think it was better than I expected. Anyways, anyone else have any pictures like this? I bet you could do some really cool things with lights and long exposures.

candle.jpg

haha its like that one tv commercial. i think it was verizon or sprint. i gotta try it sometime soon.

Very nice. That is better than I would have expected as well. Just goes to show that it pays to experiment with new techniques.

http://imageupload.com/~imageupl/show.php/133966_Picture14.png.html

Sorry I had to lead you another site, i was just in a hurry. This is my friend with some sort of juggling fire equipment taken on my Minolta Maxxum 400si film. I have plenty more, just didn't take the time. It's alot of fun to do these sort of things like writing etc...

thats VERY cool and kinda spooky. I can see something like that at Halloween, especially since the person in the chair looks like a pumpkin head or some character in a horror show.....is it OK for me to say that?
Is the rest of the yard lit by a bonfire or some kind of flash...?

I guess it's called light graffitti and there is a cool thread on here with a ton of awesome pictures of this.

There's a japanese marketing company (i think) that does these sorts of photos and then combines them to make a sort of time lapse/stop motion film to advertise their products. It must take ages and ages to film and get right.

I can't remember what they're called but.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back