robertourso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

View On Black

Nikon D60
5 sec, f/25.0, 26 mm, ISO100, No HDR

I usually don't take this type of shots, but anyway here you are.

10+ for the use of technique. but ... artistically: 0.

thanks everybody, Im new in this forum and I hope I can get as much as constructive critic I can from you :)

Moody look to the scene...:thumbup:

A little dark on my screen.........

The technique and the processing is there, i would have used a longer shutter speed though, but compositionally it lacks. The rocks in the middle lead the eye to an area of shadows with out a real point of interest.

Just my input.

i agree with dourden, maybe would have shot for a longer exposure, and done some more searching for different composition. . . i'm sure there is a AWESOME shot to be had of that rock structure though, keep up the good work!

thanks for the critic dourden and newrmdmike, about the longer shutterspeed, I agree, but it was the maximum allowed since I took the shot with daylight using 2 nd filter (-3 stops and -2 stops for a total of -5 stops) at iso100 with all the aperture closed, so there wasn't really much i could've done.

About the composition, you are right in that too, it could've been better, I was on the only rock allowing to use a tripod, but the waves were becoming stronger, so I kinda chickened out and took the shot as fast as I could :D

but again, thanks for the critique, that's exactly what i need

thanks for the critic dourden and newrmdmike, about the longer shutterspeed, I agree, but it was the maximum allowed since I took the shot with daylight using 2 nd filter (-3 stops and -2 stops for a total of -5 stops) at iso100 with all the aperture closed, so there wasn't really much i could've done.

About the composition, you are right in that too, it could've been better, I was on the only rock allowing to use a tripod, but the waves were becoming stronger, so I kinda chickened out and took the shot as fast as I could :D

but again, thanks for the critique, that's exactly what i need

You're welcome, i know how hard it is to get an honest critique here some times.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back