TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.open-eyes.be
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you think about this one?
1.jpg

I personally don't like these. The smooth water effect is way overdone for my taste. Sorry.

The composition is just a little boring. I personally like the silky look from long exposures but you need a good composition to make it work

The composition is just a little boring. I personally like the silky look from long exposures but you need a good composition to make it work

Thanks for your comment.
How would you do to have a better composition in this case ?

I was once told by a member of this forum that a good sunset shot starts with a composition that is interesting even in the absence of the sunset. There needs to be something interesting first, then you can talk sunset and how it accentuates the scene. I think the best long exposure shots probably fill the same criteria. Start with something interesting first, THEN lets talk about whether or not the long exposure makes it more interesting or conveys something more. Just my 2 yennies.

I like the smooth water, here I think you could have even gone longer with the exposure. As for composition, it is not bad, you have a lead into the photo, but I find myself maybe wanting some more space to the left side. Did the pilings keep going back off to your right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back