Long Exposure

_mikro_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I picked up a Lee Filters Big Stopper and went down to the power plant this morning and did some experimenting. I think I did ok for my first try. This was a 8 minute exposure at f9 with my sigma 10-20mm on a canon 80d. Any friendly advice is welcome.

M
nuclear plant1.jpg
ike

I actually really like the look of this photo! Foreground with the rocks looks really great. The background subject matter isn't exactly the most interesting, but for a test shot with the new filter I'd say this is a win!

I've just started playing with long exposure landscapes myself.. my favorite part is the effect it has on clouds/sunsets.. try it sometime!

So I picked up a Lee Filters Big Stopper and went down to the power plant this morning and did some experimenting. I think I did ok for my first try. This was a 8 minute exposure at f9 with my sigma 10-20mm on a canon 80d. Any friendly advice is welcome.

MView attachment 131329 ike

It looks good the background lets its down i think but for a exercise its good.

I actually really like the look of this photo! Foreground with the rocks looks really great. The background subject matter isn't exactly the most interesting, but for a test shot with the new filter I'd say this is a win!

I've just started playing with long exposure landscapes myself.. my favorite part is the effect it has on clouds/sunsets.. try it sometime!

Thank you. Yes the background has a windmill but the blades disappear because it's a long exposure. That's why we practice!!

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Nice. I'd like to try this at the ocean sometime - maybe Santa will bring me some darker NDs.

Mike
Do you have a shot of the same scene in a 'normal' image? (NOT long exposure?)
I would love to see the difference.

Mike
Do you have a shot of the same scene in a 'normal' image? (NOT long exposure?)
I would love to see the difference.
sorry I did only a long exposure. heres the original before processing
nuclear plant original.jpg

Foreground is excellent but loses some interest fsrther back. Perqhaps try a warmer color for the sky?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Foreground is excellent but loses some interest fsrther back. Perqhaps try a warmer color for the sky?

I did in the edited version at the beginning of the post

Yes, you absolutely did, and it came out beautifully, to my eye. Having seen the original, there's nothing wrong with embracing the coldness of December, either. When you start with a great image, it's hard to go wrong!

I agree that it's a shame to lose the blades on the turbine, as they are quite interesting (to me). I suppose you could take a faster shutter image of the turbine and add as a layer in post if you tried it again? Or you could clone out entirely (embarrassingly bad effort attached). I appologize in advance, but this was so engaging to me that I couldn't resist.

In any event, a really cool image. Well conceived and well executed. I look forward to seeing more!
nuclear plant-peeb.jpg

Yes, you absolutely did, and it came out beautifully, to my eye. Having seen the original, there's nothing wrong with embracing the coldness of December, either. When you start with a great image, it's hard to go wrong!

I agree that it's a shame to lose the blades on the turbine, as they are quite interesting (to me). I suppose you could take a faster shutter image of the turbine and add as a layer in post if you tried it again? Or you could clone out entirely (embarrassingly bad effort attached). I appologize in advance, but this was so engaging to me that I couldn't resist.

In any event, a really cool image. Well conceived and well executed. I look forward to seeing more!View attachment 131429

Yes I actually just watched a tutorial on layering images in PS and I now realize that I could have taken an image of the scene first then blended them. That will be my next mission

In any event, a really cool image. Well conceived and well executed. I look forward to seeing more!View attachment 131429

Yes I actually just watched a tutorial on layering images in PS and I now realize that I could have taken an image of the scene first then blended them. That will be my next mission

Best of luck

Most reactions

Back