Long exposures

frey5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since switching to digital I haven't really shot anything with a long exposure. I use a Nikon D200 and a D70 anyone have any experience with shooting at night? How long until noise becomes an issue? Yeah yeah I know I should get off my lazy bum and go experiment myself, but as I'm sitting here, at work, on the TPF, again, I just thought I'd throw the question out there.

Since switching to digital I haven't really shot anything with a long exposure. I use a Nikon D200 and a D70 anyone have any experience with shooting at night? How long until noise becomes an issue? Yeah yeah I know I should get off my lazy bum and go experiment myself, but as I'm sitting here, at work, on the TPF, again, I just thought I'd throw the question out there.

I've used by D50 for fine (like not tons of noise... it doesn't disrupt the image too much) exposures for at least 20 min without any noise reduction. That's not increadibly long, so with the D200, which has better noise control, you should be able to go much longer perfectly fine.

Never thought 20 min or better. I was hoping to hear 5 to 10, thanks.
I went to your photo page, really really great stuff! :thumbup:

Never thought 20 min or better. I was hoping to hear 5 to 10, thanks.
I went to your photo page, really really great stuff! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Really like your "underpier" image, and you have some great B&W work. My only suggestion is to post more.

Tell me how your long exposure stuff works out.

Make sure long exposure NR is on. You will get pink bleeding into the edges of the frame otherwise beacuse of the CCD heating up.

Most reactions

Back