Long Island Sound

shanstar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some shots I took the other day when it was way too cold to be at the beach. As is the case with everything I post, please be harsh. I really do try to improve with every session.. but it's hard when my only critic is my boyfriend :)

DSCN0686.jpg

DSCN0685.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0640.jpg

DSCN0631.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0614.jpg

I think the first picture could almost pass as a painting. It's pretty.

I'm not very experienced myself, so I have a hard time commenting on something I don't know a lot about!

However, I'll give it my best try!

Pic 2 - I think you were too close to the grass.

Pic 3 - I like it. Some people may tell you the horizon is uneven and you should fix it, but I like pics like that. To each their own, I guess!!

In some of those pics, I think the sun is too overpowering.

i have a real problem with horizons. they always look fine until i get the pictures developed or on a screen other than my digital. it's really weird.

i was thinking the same thing about the sun. i couldn't figure out how to make it less intense. i'll just have to keep practicing.

thanks for the compliment on the 1st picture :)

Hiya shanstar. Welcome to ThePhotoForum.
One important piece of advice for future postings: please number your submissions once you post ... say ... more than 3 or 4 photos in one thread, for that makes commenting on an individual photo (or two or three) much easier for the viewer. Else we have to scroll back and forth and count and count to say "I like Photo so-and-so best because...", you see?

Well, the first and foremost thing to critique (and this is what Antarctican has said before me) are the crooked horizons. But every post processing software gives you means to rectify crooked pictures. So that is no big problem. Took me YEARS to get my horizons straight, and when composing, I am STILL struggling with straight lines (such as a horizon).

Interesting to see who many photos who produce crooked horizons have the lower side to the LEFT. You are not the only one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back