Long Journey Ahead

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All the butterflies will be gone soon. Couple from the other day, D70s / Sigma 105mm. Probably on their way to @Gary A. 's backyard.

DSC_0301e.jpg

DSC_0319e.jpg

wow, nice
gonna recommend one for POTM .. just not sure which one
wish the DOF was a little more on the top one - top closer wing is OOF a bit

wow, nice

Thanks, I am trying to get used to this lens and camera at the same time. If I would have been back an inch, it would have rendered the way you wanted. The lens is very interesting and challenging. It's focus is definitely tied to my breathing within a certain range, probably a foot or thereabouts. More in and out and not so much affected by my hand tremors.

Lol ... Firstly, those are quite nice, especially the Painted Lady. Yep, we have butterflies all year long and Hummingbirds.
Thanks. If I was single, I would be living out there. I like San Diego and Graeagle is very beautiful.

Nice. #2 is gorgeous. Did you go to a particular place that's known to have butterflies or just opportunistic captures?

Nice. #2 is gorgeous. Did you go to a particular place that's known to have butterflies or just opportunistic captures?
Just a park at lunch that had the flowers that attract them.

Nice. I haven't been able to capture any butterfly shots since I got my 105mm. Thinking of taking a trip to the local butterfly place soon

If I would have been back an inch, it would have rendered the way you wanted.

At the risk of sounding redundant very nice set JC. I've been experimenting with focus distance/DOF issue and really wish I understood it well enough to not have to constantly think about it.

If I would have been back an inch, it would have rendered the way you wanted.

At the risk of sounding redundant very nice set JC. I've been experimenting with focus distance/DOF issue and really wish I understood it well enough to not have to constantly think about it.

Thanks. I don't get to bogged down in it really. I read about, understood, looked at my lens after shot to confirm... did this for around a month. Now it is kind of second nature. Most lens or at least the one's I have show the DOF. The Macro lens is extremely exaggerated and takes a little more thought and effort. There is definitely more creative options with the macro.

Very nicely taken and personally love that light. Shows off the colours and details wonderfully.

All the best.

Danny.

wow, nice

Thanks, I am trying to get used to this lens and camera at the same time. If I would have been back an inch, it would have rendered the way you wanted. The lens is very interesting and challenging. It's focus is definitely tied to my breathing within a certain range, probably a foot or thereabouts. More in and out and not so much affected by my hand tremors.

Lol ... Firstly, those are quite nice, especially the Painted Lady. Yep, we have butterflies all year long and Hummingbirds.
Thanks. If I was single, I would be living out there. I like San Diego and Graeagle is very beautiful.
My daughter lives in San Diego. I will be there Saturday ... by way of the Temecula Wine Country.

Most reactions

Back