Long Time Listener, First Time Caller

Tegan Payton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From a very young age I always really enjoyed photography.
Eventually I'd like to get some money in exchange for photographing people, events, things...
but for now, I'm cool with learning how to hone skills and the like.

I have a new Fujifilm Finepix JX665. Nothing fancy. Nothing too expensive. But it's actually pretty fantastic.
nw0kd4.jpg

amxzl3.jpg

1zpph69.jpg

2n807co.jpg

Oh yes. I did notice, too, in the two images that you "fixed" that the light was not good/direct.
I posted two where I was able to get some good light (#2 and #4) and two that I just enjoyed. :)
I am in need of some photo editing software, for sure. Going to test drive photoshop for a month and see how that goes. Currently I have.. paint (lol)
Thank you for the comments!

So I sat here with this browser open and decided to look at some of the options on this camera.
For a hand-held digital camera, this thing has a lot of options.
For example: in stead of using a program to black-and-white everything except for a blue tin roof, my camera can just do that. I was like.. "This thing can do that!?"
(I was initially just checking to see if I could fix white balances on the camera itself. I think on some you can???)

For a hand-held digital camera, this thing has a lot of options.
For example: in stead of using a program to black-and-white everything except for a blue tin roof, my camera can just do that. I was like.. "This thing can do that!?"

Yes, but don't.
Selective color is universally hated because it is rarely done well and it is generally the first thing a new person discovers and tries. (Like babies playing with their own poop)

(I was initially just checking to see if I could fix white balances on the camera itself. I think on some you can???)

Most WB errors are because the human eye/brain adjusts and doesn't notice the mistake thus adjusting WB in post is a common practice for advanced shooters who are actually shooting in RAW not jpeg.

If you see the left original side as normally bright and the edited side as too bright, it may be that the brightness of your monitor is set too high.

2n807colllll.jpg

Welcome to TPF!

The $10 a month combined Photoshop CC and Lightroom deal is a great value.

One of the more useful editing tools is the so-called "Curves Tool". It can really improve an image, in just seconds.

Welcome aboard Tegan..

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back