Long time no post ...

nukie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
iced.vanillashots.com
Hi everyone! :D

I've been extremely busy of late, taking a whole bunch of photos in a whole bunch of different photography genres.

031216_cat.jpg

031215_vcfixture1.jpg

031216_one_to_eight.jpg

031216_beach_pool.jpg

031216_waterfalling.jpg

I'd really love some feed back on any (or all :) ) of them. I feel as tho I'm finally working out where I'm headed in this photo taking thingie.

Nukie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad to see you you ole dawg!

md

#4 the ocean near the pool caught my eye. The composition works perfectly. Not to mention I am trying to figure out why there is a pool next to the ocean. Is it a swimming pool? Is it close to the ocean or an optical illusion? Is this a place you can visit often?

wow, I really like the car shot. Was it driving or parked?

In the last shot of the waterfall it seems to me like its hideing something.. I would prefer to see either where the water comes from or where it goes to. I am also a sucker for a slow shutter on water shots. I just love that fuzzy effect it creates. :oops:

Awsome work though! I would love to see more.

Troy

well worth the wait nukie. The two pool photos really dont grab my attention, but I cant say they are bad photos. Just not my cup of tea I guess. Maybe if the third was black and white, but I am just thinking out loud I guess.

Good guy.

Great stuff Nukie!
I think the last one is my favorite although the cat comes a close second.
The car has a certain attraction but I don't know why.
Overall I'm extremely impressed with the DOF in all of them as well as the overall technical skill, damn I'm envious!

I like the car. It fills the frame nicely, breaking two of the sides of the image (three if you count the antenna). Lots of dynamic diagonal lines leading into the pic. And I always like monochromatic color images.

Pilgrim: check out the lug nuts on the wheels, I think it must be moving.

Hi nukie,

The cat is a beautiful cat and brilliant in color. :thumbsup:

I like the last pool shot. Very evoking. I get a sense of solitude, a kind of desertedness. I do agree with the B&W comment although I do like it as it is, as well. :roll:

I also agree with the previous waterfall comment. It seem to be hiding something. Perhaps a close up or a detail of the rocks or water. Or a slower shutter speed may have made this a 'pop" out kind of shot. Outside of the camera, perhaps a creative cropping. :scratch:

I also like the car shot and the motion/speed captured. Very crisp focus. You get the sense that you are right there in the road trip. Sucks you right in. :D

Firstly, thanks for the replies everyone. It really is appreciated.

Craig: The pool is next to the ocean cause its one of those Beach Pool things. Gets filled by the waves at high tide, and is a place for people who want to swim laps to go and do it, but in salt water.

They are actually quite common in Australia :)

Pilgrim: The car was being driven at about 50-60kph. Its turning hard through a corner, but because of the speed you can't really tell with the wheels only slightly turned.

The waterfall is indeed hiding something, as it was extremely bright that day, and so the sky above was all washed out. Oh, and my poor G5 can't set the aperture any smaller than F8, so with all that light, I couldn't get any of the soft flowing water shots.

Gero: Ta dude, I'll have a fiddle in photoshop :) :)

KS & Mrsid: Thanking you each muchly :D

Adding this image which was just around the other side of the beach pool thing for Pilgrim :) Its the best I could do with the light on the day.

031216_motion.sized.jpg

Dude that last photo is awsome! I love how the water up close has the fuzzy look and the water out farther is still crisp. And the sky looks good to.
Awsome stuff nukie!

my first post here- hi y'all

I love the car pic because of the great blurs in the wheels, the lighting and angle make it look very spylike.

The third pic is also excellent! I love the perspective lines you are getting from the ropes, and the concrete texture with the blue paint is really nice.

awesome mate,
glad to see you are posting again - you did the motorcycle shots awhile back if i remember correctly.

love the beachpools shots, doesn't look like Sydney where is it? The falls look familar - Blue Mountains again? I went the Blue Mountains for the first time in 4 years a few months - btw what did you guys do the 3 Sisters?? shocking!

Anyways, glad you took time post, I love your pics they are superb!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back