long time no see :)

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi everyone.
i haven't been around in a while but have been busy establishing my business and building my studio :) it was this forum that started my addiction to photography, so THANK-YOU!
here is one of the 1st shots taken in my natural light studio this week and it is one of my current faves. comments and constructive critique still appreciated.
[ watermarked because someone on another forum decided to steal some of my photos and claim as her own which made me not happy jan! ]

*forgive me if this is too big, it's been a while :)

COOPER1web.jpg

Hey, welcome back :) And congratulations and good luck for your studio :)

I am in love with that photo! Beautiful child. Sharp. Lighting is on point! Excellent work!

Can I ask what lens you shot that with?

WOW!! That is stunning! His eyes are just reaching out to grab you! Excellent work!

Amazing!!! I too would love to know your lens choice. I also want to ask about your studio!!! You say you use all natural light, so that must mean you have plenty of windows!! Would you mind sharing the general "layout"?? Or even posting a picture of what it looks like if thats easier...? I am very interested in the set up of a natural light studio!!

Congrats on the business!!!

thanks heaps everyone... i forgot to add my settings sorry :)
shot with my 5D 24-70mm 2.8L lens [ on my camera 99% of the time! ]
settings... f4.5 1/320s iso100 @ 70mm
my hubby has been building my studio at home for the last 12 months after his full time work hours. he really is AMAZING. i will post pics for sure once i've finished decking it out with prints. it has a shooting area, my work station [hubby is a cabinetmaker by trade, and he said it took as much board as a kitchen ;) - yeah!! loving all the storage ], and a viewing lounge. i set up my seamless in the shooting area... there is a roller door right in front of the subject giving gorgeous light, and the feeling of it being shot outside.
hope that helps

jem :)

thanks nj :)
i am in suuuuuuch a happy place right this second. my darling hubby has just hooked up my computer setup and i am sitting here in my chair in my studio -holy crap... so exciting... celebrating here with a can of southern comfort at 12noon... but its saturday and this is worth celebrating. :)
so happy. promise to share more to thank tpf and all of its lovely members :)
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY! ;)
sharing a silly but very happy photo of me in my favourite place, taken by my favourite man.... who is NOT a photographer ;)

mystudioxxx.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that's a stunning shot of that child. Nice studio, too! Many congrats! Very exciting!

Wow!!! Wow! ....Did I say "wow!!"??? LOL!!

Beautiful photo......and what a great studio!!!! .......Wow....!

:O)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back