Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
Friend of mine, I asked to practice on.

stacy1s.jpg

stacy2s.jpg

stacy3s.jpg

stacy4s.jpg

BTW she doesnt play any sports, that was just a fun idea for a shoot.

Doug Raflik
http://www.dougraflikphotography.com

Oh, these are really nice. She is very beautiful, and her eyes truly are something else! Wow. I like all four of these, but best of all I like the third, with the red door offering such a nice contrast to the blue of her eyes.
Wow, it must be really special to be working with such beautiful people!

i love the last one, looks so token model / sport thing:D a beautiful 'friend' you got there

#1 :thumbsup:

I really like #1, the face has an ethereal "feel" to it... how'd you do that? Sorry if it's obvious, I'm bit of a noob... :)

beautiful subject! You can really tell when your photographing a friend, they look so comfortable and it genrally makes for a better pic. And thats what you've done here! I agree with woodsac, the lighting in all of these is indeed awsome :)

slakker said:
I really like #1, the face has an ethereal "feel" to it... how'd you do that? Sorry if it's obvious, I'm bit of a noob... :)

Well I am not sure what that word means, but this is what I did...

I added just a touch of diffuse glow to just her face, and then went to photo filter and warmed it slightly. (CS2 Photoshop) Then I DIDNT sharpen the picture. Almost every picture out of my 20D needs a little sharpening, but this one I left soft.

BTW, this shoot was the de-virginizing of my new Canon L 70 - 200 USM.

Thanks everyone for looking.

Doug Raflik

nice job with these.

eyes look a bit too white in the third one though, and maybe the fourth one...too much post work perhaps?

#1 and #2 are the best in my opinion, although I wish her feet weren't cut off in the second one.

thebeginning said:
nice job with these.

eyes look a bit too white in the third one though, and maybe the fourth one...too much post work perhaps?

Ill give you that one. I like to whiten the eyes to make them pop, but I dont have a good feel yet for what still looks natural.

thebeginning said:
#1 and #2 are the best in my opinion, although I wish her feet weren't cut off in the second one.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. It was brisk out and I was in a tad more of a hurry than I usually am.

Thanks for the comments

Doug

Most reactions

Back