Look, up in the sky! It's a bird, It's a plane....

Nein-reis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well its just a plane. :mrgreen:

Ok, lots of photos... but I'm a sucker for these things. I narrowed it down to my favorites. These were taken at the Hill Air Force Base in Utah.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumbup:

I'm liking the 1st shot, B-17 nose art, SR-71 and the bone the best

BTW is the 1st shot a T-28?

I'm liking the 1st shot, B-17 nose art, SR-71 and the bone the best

BTW is the 1st shot a T-28?

Thanks, I don't know if its a T-28... sorry. In fact I don't remember (or know) what most of them are to be honest. Wish I did tho.

No one else huh?

i like them too! planes are such good subjects. good pop in the colors (for the nice glossy paint jobs) and nice gaussian blur effect on the last two (gaussian blur, set to multiply, or soft light right? then masked off or lowered opacity?)

i like them too! planes are such good subjects. good pop in the colors (for the nice glossy paint jobs) and nice gaussian blur effect on the last two (gaussian blur, set to multiply, or soft light right? then masked off or lowered opacity?)

Thanks!
actually I did a high pass at 5px then set it to overlay>merge layers. Then I did a 14px guassian blur and set it to overlay at 50%> merge layers. Then I did an curve layer adjustment and a level layer adjustment. Then I finished it off with a 1px unsharp mask and a slight contrast bump.

If anyone can give me the names of planes in the last 6 photos and #2 that would be awesome!

#1 is the right (left as you look at it) engine from #12.

Most reactions

Back