Unimaxium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Northeastern University, originally from Philly
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a panorama photo I took a couple nights ago. I finally got around to stitching it all together today. The location is on the Northeastern University campus, where Huntington Avenue intersects Forsyth street. I took the photo in a total of 113 images (!) in three layers (level, up, down), because I only had my 50mm lens to shoot with. I would have made it a full 180 up and down, but that would have required way too many photos.

I stitched it together using Autopano-SIFT, Hugin, Enblend, and Photoshop. Enjoy :)

You can click on the photo for a superlarge version too ;-)

It did take quite a while, especially the step that involved using autopano-sift. It was all pretty automated, though, so it didn't take a whole lot of effort to stitch it. I left autopano running when I went off to class this morning, and when I came back it was done. The other steps were a lot shorter ;-)

Fantastic image!

:stun: Sky, this is awesome! I love it! Not only that...but I know where you took that shot! :lol:

You're exposures look great to me! :D

this looks great. :thumbup::thumbup:

(with the scattered torsoless and legless people as a bonus...;) )

pascal

I just did a restitch of the panorama tonight; I like this version better. I did a lot of photoshopping to clone in empty areas this time, so I was able to crop lower. PS's vanishing point tool is really an amazing thing (you have no idea how much of those trolley tracks on the left and right did not really exist in the original pano) ;-)

Tell me which one you think is better

(click the pano to see the super big version)

that sound you hear? no, it's not a pin dropping. it's my jaw.

Fantastic stuff, sky. 113 shots...christ...

this looks great. :thumbup::thumbup:

(with the scattered torsoless and legless people as a bonus...;) )

Hehe yeah, it's kinda funny looking seeing all the random feet here and there. It took quite some effort to time my photos just right so the street looks empty (it's a pretty busy street, and I shot the photos at about the tail end of rush hour) ;-)

Wow. That's gorgeous. There's so much to see in this.

I really like in the first one, how the person standing on the street corner seems to be watching you!

Most reactions

Back