lookin for a good camera

That is a fine camera. I would recommend though buying the camera at an online store such as adorama. The best thing you can do though is go to a camera store and hold and take some pics with all the cameras that are in your price range and buy what feels right. Good Luck!
-TJ

I have that camera and it is great for the money. You will read and learn that for picture quality the lens is more important then the camera. Def. check Adorama, B&H etc. Last February I got the XS with 18-55 IS kit lens and a 75-300 telephoto for $499 plus free shipping. Just keep shopping, they had a $150 online rebate. I haven't seen then that low since but they do have legit sales every once in a while. Also go to youtube and search for the XS and you will see some interesting stuff, example shots, and tutorials.

Good luck

Really, you'll do fine with any camera body - it's the lens that makes the huge difference. A $100 lens and a $1000 lens are a huge difference. I recommend buying a less expensive camera (older model), and only the body if you can, and spend the rest on a quality lens.

Yes, as mentioned, go to a local camera shop and hand hold several different models ( and makes) to see which feels best in your own mitts. If they can price match within 10% of the on-line stores, I say stay local. This helps build a relationship and helps the local economy.

I shoot Nikon. :biggrin:

And...
don't feel forced to buy a certain brand. I shoot sony. Many people shoot sony. Many more people shoot canon and nikon, pentax and olympus, etc. Whatever feels best for you is the camera you want. You'll be happy with whatever you get, especially if it's your first dSLR.
Maybe you want to start with a less popular brand such as pentax so you can get a better deal to see how you like it - then switch over as you get more into it. Nikon and Canon are the two biggest right now and Sony seems to be making a move up with them as well... BUT... Canon and Nikon are also (a good part of the time), the most expensive.

And...
don't feel forced to buy a certain brand. I shoot sony. Many people shoot sony. Many more people shoot canon and nikon, pentax and olympus, etc. Whatever feels best for you is the camera you want. You'll be happy with whatever you get, especially if it's your first dSLR.
Maybe you want to start with a less popular brand such as pentax so you can get a better deal to see how you like it - then switch over as you get more into it. Nikon and Canon are the two biggest right now and Sony seems to be making a move up with them as well... BUT... Canon and Nikon are also (a good part of the time), the most expensive.
Don't feel pressured to buy a certain brand but choose a company that makes the glass that you will be using and what is at a good price. Nikon and Canon are the leaders in the optics industry but sony is not bad either. Pick a company that has the lenses you will possibly be purchasing. GL

awesome feedback

ill definatly hit up a local place before i make any decisions

thanks guys

Another thing is do not be afraid to buy a factory refurbished unit as long as it is refurbed by Canon or Nikon etc. Many many people on here have bought them from online retailers and say you would never know that they were not brand new, it might be a way to save you a little money to go towards a better lens.

Great camera. I just started with that camera actually. I chose it because i am used to canon - all their menus and buttons are similar and there is usually a lot more support for canon users (be it from canon or other users). Lenses are everywhere and the camera itself is priced well. i think you will be happy with that.

ps.... v-dubber eh? what do you drive?? I have a Mk4 TDI Jetta dumped on mercedes alphards. holla.

Canon - EOS Digital Rebel XS 10.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Black - Rebel XS Black

is this any good to take quality pics with??

ive been into art for a while and jsut decided to start up photography as a winter hobby

i wanna spend $400-$600 on a camera but i dont wanna end up with somethin that im gunna regret buyin

any input is greatly apprecitaed

thanks

Click on my signature, you can see the pictures I have taken with my Canon XS.

No need to buy it online ifyou have a local store nearby. I picked mine up at 549.99 at Staples.

The Camera takes great photos.

Last edited:
I would recommend though buying the camera at an online store such as adorama...

Thanks so much for the recommendation for Adorama Camera - but if you ever have a concern or query regarding an order from Adorama - or AdoramaPix - please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

[email protected]
www.adorama.com

Great camera. I just started with that camera actually. I chose it because i am used to canon - all their menus and buttons are similar and there is usually a lot more support for canon users (be it from canon or other users). Lenses are everywhere and the camera itself is priced well. i think you will be happy with that.

ps.... v-dubber eh? what do you drive?? I have a Mk4 TDI Jetta dumped on mercedes alphards. holla.
nicee!

i got a passat b5 20v dumped on stock 15s hahha!

Most reactions

Back