Looking at photos on TPF makes me want to cry because...

Aurora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking at photos on TPF makes me want to cry because... they are all so wonderful and I have to wait a couple months to get a DSLR camera! The photos on here are so inspiring and I am about to burst because I have all this creative energy in me and I don't have a camera that is capable of taking good quality shots.

Hint hint...

It's not the camera...it's the photographer.

oh by the way, I sometimes almost cry when I look at some of my shots... since I can see that they went wrong and it is not the camera's fault ;)

The camera is only a part of it.
The knowledge you can get from networking with folks here is the biggest part.
I can't wait to see the new photos you are going to take!

I'm in the same position as you Aurora, I'm getting an SLR soon, and these pictures are amazing, but you can really learn A LOT from here, I know I have.

Hint hint...

It's not the camera...it's the photographer.
Oh, I know it's the photographer. But just like a painter, without certain paint, you sometimes can't achieve the effect you are going for.

I like to blame it on my camera..,.. OH wait.. I just did a lens sharpness test and found out the problem is me not my camera.. DARNNNIT .. Now I cant blame my lens.

Don't put yourself under too much pressure, doesn't matter what gear you've got, it takes a bit of time to get rolling.
I though my first dslr was crap, my photos were no better than the pas ones I took before I bought it.
I persevered, cos heck we spend some money, and after a while I realised it was me that was crap..:lmao:

I mean, be confident but be prepared to fail....a lot....then you wont just wang it over your shoulder in a fit....like I did....do

Ya need time/practice to....grow into it/stuff

just constantly push your current gear to its utmost limit.....

whatever gear it is... Then you learn ...

When I say "good quality", what I mean is technical stuff that really does have to do with the camera... like pixels, shutter speed... that kind of stuff. I am confident with my photos, but not with the poor quality of the camera they were taken with. I'd like to be able to take a picture with amazing detail and focus, but my current camera just cannot do that. I'd like to be able to take a picture of the moon that actually shows some detail of the surface and not just a tiny white ball in a pitch black sky, etc.

Always always blame the subject. There are times when I've stopped to shout at a tree because it was too fuzzy. I mean honestly ruining a perfectly good photo.

That said yeah there's some real talent here.

I like to blame it on my camera..,.. OH wait.. I just did a lens sharpness test and found out the problem is me not my camera..

So the lens was ok, Zendiana? Great news!

Aurora, I saw a couple of pictures taken with a P&S that were very impressive, rivals of some people's dSLR pics... start with that!

Now if you practice and study and learn the basics, even with the P&S camera, when the time comes that you get your dSLR, you will be 2 steps ahead.

Good luck!

Aurora, I saw a couple of pictures taken with a P&S that were very impressive, rivals of some people's dSLR pics... start with that!

Now if you practice and study and learn the basics, even with the P&S camera, when the time comes that you get your dSLR, you will be 2 steps ahead.

Good luck!
Thanks... yeah I have still been taking pictures with me P&S. I have one photo on here that I think is pretty good that I shot with my P&S in a thread called "First photo post" or something like that. :)

Most reactions

Back