Looking for a Camera . . .

arniecoleman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Digital camera with the following features:

- NO built in WIFI
- articulating view screen
- macro focus
- video capability (desired but no critical)
- 12 + MP resolution

Everything else is "negotiable." I've been scouring the internet, but my eyes are beginning to bleed.

Why no built in WI-FI? You don't have to use it just because it is there. WiFi is common enough now you will be rejecting good cameras for no good reason.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

Nikon's D5xxx series d-slr bodies might be good for you; have the articulating screen.

Are you looking for fixed lens or interchangeable? Whats your budget? Other than macro what do you want to shoot? Is size a factor? 1080P or 4K video? The more info you give us the more advice we can give.

Nikon D5300 or Nikon D5500, well rounded cameras with top notch sensor, good auto focus system.
It covers all your criteria.

Why no built in WI-FI? You don't have to use it just because it is there. WiFi is common enough now you will be rejecting good cameras for no good reason.

The camera will be used in an area where no "electronic emissions" or "outside connectivity capability" are allowed.

Are you looking for fixed lens or interchangeable? Whats your budget? Other than macro what do you want to shoot? Is size a factor? 1080P or 4K video? The more info you give us the more advice we can give.
Fixed lens; ~$500; "medium" size - i.e., not a pocket camera and not a "full-size." For example, the Nikon P900 would be my first choice, were it not for its built-in Wi-Fi.

Both have built-in WiFi; an automatic disqualifier
I think the last D5xxx without built-in Wi-Fi was the D5200. Flippy screen, no Wi-Fi, pretty good, IMO.

The camera will be used in an area where no "electronic emissions" or "outside connectivity capability" are allowed.
So switch the WiFi off.

yes, all the current cameras have wifi and bluetooth capability and a' flippy' screen, pretty good (IMO)
.. if you don't like it or "they" don't allow that feature simply turn it off
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

If the No WIFI is a security concern, (as in strictly forbidden and turning it off isn't sufficient), then you're gonna have to older dSLR or inexpensive P&S.

Most reactions

Back