Looking for a camera

Stine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am new at this photography thing. I want to make it a passion and hobby much like everyone else I have found on this website. I want to start off with a good camera...might as well go big if I'm going to do this... What does everyone recommend? On other posts I notice the Cannon EOS Reble Xti or the Nikon D40.... I am trying to stay in a buget of under 1000 for the camera and lenses.... I almost bought the Canon EOS Rebel XTi... I learned the hard way that if I go on line to get this Canon that it comes from Asia... I think I'm going to try a local store... :)

Haven't learned how to link threads yet, but I just put this on another thread. Hope it helps.

Depends on your budget. Aspirations are great, but reality is the ***** (can I say that here). Do a fair amount of research on the web for your tastes and budget. If you're going to NYC, stop by B&H here. Acutally hold each camera in your hand. I have only dealt with them on the phone, but if you search this site, you will find they are highly recommended and I endorse that sentiment. Their orders come fast and more importantly, well packed. IMO, UPS sucks (can I say that here), but they can't destroy how well B&H packs the parcels.

If you want a good book, there are many, but try "Understanding Exposure"
here and "Light: Science and Magic" here .

Of course, it might just be a case of enjoying hearing my own words tonight.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I recently had a similar decision to make. Definitely go to a local store and try out the cameras you are interested in. Ask questions. See which one 'feels' right to you. I went with the D40. Others have chosen something from Canon. It really comes down to personal preference with the cameras you are choosing between.

Thanks alot...I looked at that website with the cameras... I'm going to a local store this weekend to pick between the Nikon D40 and the Canon XTi. I will def look into those books to! Thanks

Most reactions

Back