Looking for a dual purpose camera bag.

starscream59

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I received a Canon T2i as a christmas present, which I have really enjoyed in addition I received an AmazonBasics (Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories-Black: Camera & Photo) bag which for storing additional camera gear works great. For regular day to day I have been using a LowePro Passport Sling, which I really like, but as a college student I would like a bag that can serve as a dual purpose bag that would fulfill the roles of a being able to carry books and a laptop/netbook, but also be able to serve as a camera bag via an insert, I would prefer a messenger style or sling style pack for convience, but any recommendations/suggestions are more than welcome. If anything else is needed please let me know ;)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I can't tell if you are male or female but I got this AMAZING thirty-one bag! It holds my laptop, ipad, camera, cords, an extra lens (or whatever) there are a few different compartments. Its like a book bag/sling type thing over one shoulder carried on the back. I can't imagine it was more than 50$ (i got it as a gift)...so if you know anyone who sells thirty-one or you can go on the site and shop i think?

I keep "all my stuff" in a one large bag, but never take it all with me shooting. So, I use a cheapo Walmart-special small carry-on size 'gym bag'. Actually, it's roughly 24"x12"x12", has zipper pockets on both ends and on one side. It has both velcro-together handstraps (from each side), and a shoulder strap that connects at the ends of the bag. While I don't do 'gym', I've carried as much as 5 lenses w/hoods (in a padded multi-lens insert from some other camera bag), 1 body, 1 flash, various sundry items, and even my tripod on top, through the hand straps. So it's quite flexible and sturdy. The beauty of it is that without the tripod, it looks no different than any other carry-on full of clothing, etc. I also have a similar, but smaller one from Walmart, too, that I sometimes substitute if I'm only going with 1-2 lenses, etc.

Have you checked out "F-Stop" bags?? I'm not too sure they have exactly what you're looking for, but they do offer bags that can serve as a regular bag, and also a camera bag with the addition of an ICU ( Internal Camera Unit ). I really wanted a hiking style backpack from them but they are pretty small yet I guess and are pretty backed up with orders at the moment. They are also relatively spendy, but I hear they're great.

Main Product | f-stop

Edit: Doh, 3 month old thread... hopefully it can still be of help.

Got this from wiseguys for $130. I bet it assures comfortable carry indeed. It is the best bag that can accommodate all your digital devices with a complete protection.

WISE189642.jpg

I bought a small camera bag that made to fit a dslr with a standard zoom lens. And I also has a padded bag that fit one lens. Sometimes, I just put the small camera bag and lens bag inside another backpack.

Most reactions

Back