Looking for a good professional film scanning service in New Orelans area

vvkozmenko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, guys,

I am looking for a good professional film scanning service in New Orleans area.

They must use a drum scanner and be able to scan with true optical resolution of 3000 dpi TIFF 16 bit/channel gray scale.

Some guys around here http://professionalcolor.com (I thought they were professionals who knew what they were doing) told me that they would need to scan with a different resolution and then they would need to upscale the images in Photoshop to meet my specs. I needed to spend half an hour to explain them why I wanted TIFF instead of JPEG, why it should be gray scale rather than black and white, and what was the difference between 8 bit/channel and 16 bit/channel. They still have no idea of what I was talking about.

Moreover, they said that they would need to double the charge due to extensive work load (converting in Photoshop).

I really love film photography, but it looks like Louisiana is still in stone age in terms of quality film service.

I will probably end up with a Plustek scanner - but this will leave me out of MF.

Any recommendations of a good film service in New Orleans are will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Val

Most reactions

Back