Looking for a good professional film scanning service in New Orelans area

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by vvkozmenko, May 11, 2010.

1. vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko TPF Noob!

Feb 18, 2010
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi, guys,

I am looking for a good professional film scanning service in New Orleans area.

They must use a drum scanner and be able to scan with true optical resolution of 3000 dpi TIFF 16 bit/channel gray scale.

Some guys around here http://professionalcolor.com (I thought they were professionals who knew what they were doing) told me that they would need to scan with a different resolution and then they would need to upscale the images in Photoshop to meet my specs. I needed to spend half an hour to explain them why I wanted TIFF instead of JPEG, why it should be gray scale rather than black and white, and what was the difference between 8 bit/channel and 16 bit/channel. They still have no idea of what I was talking about.

Moreover, they said that they would need to double the charge due to extensive work load (converting in Photoshop).

I really love film photography, but it looks like Louisiana is still in stone age in terms of quality film service.

I will probably end up with a Plustek scanner - but this will leave me out of MF.

Any recommendations of a good film service in New Orleans are will be appreciated.