Looking for a new camera to travel with

mthawkins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Like the title says, I'm trying to get some recommendations for a camera to take on my travels. Last year I visited India with a Canon T4i DSLR, way too large for my tastes. I'm looking for a small, but powerful camera that images can at least be printed onto a canvas / poster while maintaining its quality.
I also like to use a screen instead of viewfinder to structure the image. (Like smartphones)
I've heard about mirrorless.
Any ideas?

Small and light ?
Panasonic G85, small and powerful compared to the very old sensor you have in the T4i
I think answers for all your needs.
The camera has IBIS so all your lenses will enjoy VR.

i'm planning on getting the Olympus EM10 MkII as my travel camera.

Thanks guys. Any other recommendations?
I've heard good things about that Fuji and Sony Gary mentioned

If you want to keep it simple, but still want superb image quality, get the Fuji. The Sony A7 series will have the highest quality IQ, but the lenses will be somewhat self-defeating if you looking for a small footprint. MFT is the smallest camera/lens combo because it uses the smallest sensor. MFT has very good quality images, but not as good as the larger FF and ASP-C cameras.

i'm planning on getting the Olympus EM10 MkII as my travel camera.

If you can wait a couple months the EM10 MKIII will be out. Should have quite a few new features including 20mp.

If you want to keep it simple, but still want superb image quality, get the Fuji. The Sony A7 series will have the highest quality IQ, but the lenses will be somewhat self-defeating if you looking for a small footprint. MFT is the smallest camera/lens combo because it uses the smallest sensor. MFT has very good quality images, but not as good as the larger FF and ASP-C cameras.

Thanks man. As for the lens, I'd prefer more of a fixed and wide, or at least a small range of zoom. Don't need serious lenses.

I think you need to include your budget.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back