Looking For a Non-DSLR AEB Camera

I shoot multiframe without a tripod at times. I also know that with layers and dodging and burning, I can accomplish a more realistic detailed look with 1 exposure if it's done properly. If you get a good camera and learn to expose properly, you can make great single exposure shots. If you're looking for that weird gray compressed look, you can even do that with a single exposure using the shadows and highlights recovery tool in RAW conversion.

Thank you for your compliments.

Sigma DP2
03-03-09sigma_dp2_1.jpg

Would you believe the specs of this thing?

* +/- 3EV AEB (As far as I know, presently no other compact has this feature)

*Near APS-C 14 megapixel sensor

It's the perfect 'all-purpose' second camera! :thumbup:

I shoot multiframe without a tripod at times. I also know that with layers and dodging and burning, I can accomplish a more realistic detailed look with 1 exposure if it's done properly. If you get a good camera and learn to expose properly, you can make great single exposure shots. If you're looking for that weird gray compressed look, you can even do that with a single exposure using the shadows and highlights recovery tool in RAW conversion.

Thank you for your compliments.

Yeah, it's great to know one can work wonders with a good shot captured in a RAW file.

[ It ok. He is most obviously a newb and just like most newbs, they are drawn to Hdr like a Plague. I am not against hdr but I think there are more important things to learn. I just laugh at the fact that he is soooo concerned to find a camera that does not have a "clumsy" mirror shutter. I mean seriously, does he know anything. Some people make me laugh... and this guy is one of them.. ]

I think my posts should be particularly beneficial to real estate professionals, who are not primarily into photography as a vocation, but nevertheless need to produce superb shots of their wares.

And I agree with you without the slightest reservation that there are always more important things for anyone to learn.

It is preferable that made you laugh rather than sulk. Cheers.

It is preferable that made you laugh rather than sulk. Cheers.

^^^^^^HUH?^^^^^^

I am not going to lie. I am having a hard time understanding half of what you are saying in your posts. No offense or anything. Im just curious, is english your first language? If not then I understand. If it is....well you confuse me..

robertwsimpson,

Been playing your nice slideshow again.

Somehow the good vibes just come... :violin:

Random?

Maybe you should take a look at his nice gallery too.

I also find there's lot to learn from those well-taken pics.

Specifically, what are you confused about?

Now that gallery somehow got me hooked!

Every time I run that slide-show again, I can't help feeling that every picture shouts, "hey, there's something good to learn here!''.

Really, every picture rocks! Simple yet profound. The 'mid-air' and 'shadow' shots, to pick just two, speak more than a thousand words.

(ps. Though this has little to do with HDR, it's a joy to behold).

Most reactions

Back