Looking for a Photogrtapher

Grav12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for looking. I'm new here

I own a young business focused on the sales, installation and maintenance of high end aquariums in the greater Washington DC area. As you can imagin, our business is a very visual one, and good quality pictures of both livestock and the overall aquarium are important in marketing.... I'm no good at taking pictures. You can see some proof of that here: www.reefescape.net (again I'm new, if posting web addresses is a no-no happy to remove it)

We would love to have someone take some shots of several locations, it would be a bit time consuming as they are all over the area.

Someone suggested I find a recent grad, and/or someone looking to build their portfolio as a lower cost way to get this done. I don't know how many people here are in the DC area, but perhaps someone can point me toward a Photography school in the area or suggest another way I could find someone.

Of course they would need to have their own equipment and I would need to rights to the photos taken, but would be happy for them to use the pics in their own portfolio. Certainly able and willing to cover travel or other costs and depending on qualifications / quality of the end product could pay a small fee, but not looking to break the bank.

Any and all suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

Comment here, or for fastest response email
[email protected]

I see that you offer services that are not exactly cheap. I just wonder why it is you think it's ok to charge high prices for your products and services while you don't want to pay anyone else a decent rate?

hell im in texas and could use a vacation to dc!!!
I would swap a session for a nice Metal Halide strip.
seriously though I think that your best bet is a local community college where u can find some photography students that would/could use the experiance.
that or someone on here may be able to help.
good luck and nice store.

Thanks Fire, actually website services for equipment and livestock are how I started a relationship with my webmaster. Eventually he ran out of room in his aquarium... upgraded and ran out again. Now I pay him in cash, and have sent him 2 referals that also are paying customers. It was his idea, he found me one a fish forum and it worked out pretty well for everyone.

BigAlbest, wow what a kind greeting. Not that this is a small business forum, but FWIW, I worked 60-70 hours a week for 9 months before I paid myself my first $. I'm not complaining because I love the business and I'm willing to do what it takes to make it. Looking for someone with some skills they want to grow and who has free time.

Again, willing to cover all expenses and a some compensation for time, big $$$ isn't in the cards.

Most reactions

Back