Looking for a portable dSLR that won't get dated fast.......?

Get the G9 (the G10 does not have timelapse)

That and the Gigapan are next on my have to have list!

Is there a reason you don't seem interested in Nikon? Not that there's anything wrong with your choices..

Oh no i'm not brand specific or anything.....(i just usually read up reviews on amazon but I kinda looking into the D5000)

I'm actually really interested in this new Oly E-P1 (just cause its size and look)
I tried holding some of the dSlrs at future shop and I can see it getting really heavy for me...

If you buy a camera bag for the D40 it isn't all that heavy on your shoulder...

BUT for your purpose of photography I recommend a high end P&S. The G10 is probably your best bet.

for my money i would avoid the D5000. still no body motor (not that it has limited me, but for that money...cmon.)
for the same or less you might be able to score a D80.
D40 is a great bargain, and like dylan said...quite light.

let us know what you decide. :D

I just read your posts. Can't imagine why you ruled out the Pentax. I've got a previous generation K100D, and it is just fantastic. By all accounts, it has the best kit lens made, and it has body-integral anti-shake. (this was a huge feature for me)

Pentax optics are fantastic. Pentax co-developed their lens multi-coating with Carl Zeiss; Pentax calls it SMC and Zeiss calls it T*.

If you're looking to leave room for growth, do not get one without interchangable lenses. It isn't just the option of interchangeable lenses you're buying, it is a bigger sensor sharper enlargements too.

Most reactions

Back