Looking for a recomendation ....

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all, whattup!

I just ordered a flash that should either be at my house tonight when i get home unless my mom wasnt there then i might have to wait till tomorrow then .....

The reason i made this thread is for recomendations on AA batteries. Might sound weird to some but i know there are higher capacity batteries and of course MILLIONS of brands.

I want rechargeables, possibly 8 all together but may only need to charge 4.

Im going to be doing some research as i look for replies from you guys!

Thanks in advance!

I just want to note that i have a 4 pack of sony batteries (2500mah) with the charger for $22 at my store.... This doesnt seem like a bad deal.

That's actually not a weird question at all.

I personally don't know, but I have a good friend that has worked at a battery store for a long time now, he sure knows his batteries! I'll try to remember to ask him for input on rechargeable AA's

I like Sanyo Eneloop batteries, they don't degrade much.

enloop

A quick search will yield a few threads about this.

enloops are the way to go, apparently.

Sanyo Enloops :)
And a good recharging unit (those cheap sort that come with batteries like the one you mention and the quick charging units are all bad choices). You want to spend a good amount on a proper recharger no matter what batteries you get.

Flash batteries are often used a lot and so get a lot of recharging cycles - a good recharger will keep your batteries life going a lot longer than a cheap one. It might seem a lot now but its a big saving when you don't have to shell out money on a pack of regular AA batteries every time your rechargables die on you because they have lost their life.

Enloops are highly recomended because they do not lose charge over time whilst stored - even in the flash unit. So you can charge them up - put them in the flash and not use it for a few weeks and the will still give you almost fully recharged performance when you do use it ( something like 80% after around a year). Compared with regular rechargables which will drain down and give you far fewer shots (and which really need to be charged up the day before a shoot)

I use the Rayovac Hybrid batteries. Apparently, they are very similar to the eneloop batteries (high capacity, low discharge, rechargeables). I happen to get a really good deal on them.

I also think Duracell makes a low discharge rechargeable battery. (Not sure though.)

I use a La Crosse BC-900 charger which I like very much.

Ralph

eneloops it is! I think for now i will buy a 16 pack of regular batteries because im not waiting for batteries to take shots when i have the next three days off from work! lol

How about a recomended charger?

I use the Rayovac Hybrid batteries. Apparently, they are very similar to the eneloop batteries (high capacity, low discharge, rechargeables). I happen to get a really good deal on them.

I also think Duracell makes a low discharge rechargeable battery. (Not sure though.)

I use a La Crosse BC-900 charger which I like very much.

Ralph

Did you get in on the deal when Adorama sold the Rayovac very cheap? I miss that by few mins. :(

As for Duracell, they do sell low discharge rechargeable batteries. However, I heard that they have 2 types. One is re-badged Eneloop (white top), the other one (black top) is unknown.

Most reactions

Back