Looking for a remote trigger

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought this one last week from Amazon for my 7D/30D. Although I had an IR option too, I thought this would be a better idea since it is radio-based and has a longer range. It works great and I'm sure there is a Nikon version. I have a cord-trigger, but this is much more convenient with no cord dangling and no 5ft. limitation. Unlike the IR version, I don't need to be standing in front of the camera/line-of-sight.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DVZH84/ref=oss_T15_product

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah and that price isn't too bad. I just don't want to spend a lot of money on it. But that does seem to be a better idea.

I have an Infrared one that I seldom use. Main reason is that it has to have line of sight to the front of the camera. I can be a bit on the side, but from the back and such, it doesnt work.

Radio or wired trigger is my next purchase... after about 20 other photography related purchases I want to make :(

I would say the disadvantage over the IR option is that you have a piece you need to plug into the camera, whereas with the IR gizmo, that piece is built-in. That didn't matter to me, but might to some.

I have a $5 IR one off eBay and a Phottix Cleon II (very nice), either one will work great with your camera. The Cleon II can be used wired or wireless.

So is a radio trigger two parts? It appears like there is a box that plugs to the camera and the you have the handheld trigger. I really think a wired trigger would suit me best right now. I just need something to help me out on long exposures.

So is a radio trigger two parts? It appears like there is a box that plugs to the camera and the you have the handheld trigger. I really think a wired trigger would suit me best right now. I just need something to help me out on long exposures.

Correct ... one part plugs into your camera (and usually sits on the hotshoe). The controller is in your hand.

icassel, I found one like yours for my D90. It surely seems like a better plan than the IR. Does it trigger the shutter pretty fast?

icassel, I found one like yours for my D90. It surely seems like a better plan than the IR. Does it trigger the shutter pretty fast?

Yes, it seems to shoot right away. As I said, I've only had it for a week, so I'm no expert :) I do like it better than my wired one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back