Looking for a technical term

Why is this in the Film section, by the way?

Because the texts I hoped I would get to translate (didn't land the job, my prices are too high for that prospective client) are all and exclusively about VINTAGE cameras and have nothing whatsoever to do with digital photography. So I went up and down the forums to decide where to place the question, and went for the forum in which I hoped to find people who have a bit of a knowledge of also vintage cameras, maybe ... that is why it is here. But I may well go and take the "URGENT" out of the title of this thread, since it is no longer urgent. Not even my "self-advertising-translation-for-free-of-nine-typeprint-pages-on-technical-things" could convince the person. Hmph. That WOULD have been a MOST ATTRACTIVE job, but my price already WAS very much a discount price ... I just could not accept only HALF of THAT in the end. Impossible. So there... :(

Sorry to hear that the job didn't pan out.

On the other hand, there are many lenses for digital bodies that rotate the front element while focusing. Given that, wouldn't equipment reviews possibly have been a better choice?

I've always heard this referred to as internal focusing.

That's because, it's called Internal Focusing. :lol:

If you are going to use a polarizing filter it's good to have.

Internal focusing.

Kiron Kid

It is not internal focusing. Of course the front element does not rotate with an internal focusing lens, but it does not rotate with many other types of lenses either.

This is purely about the mechanism to move the front element forwards and backwards, with some mechanisms it rotates, with others not. And the latter are usually a bit more expensive to assemble ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back