Looking for a viewfinder Magnifier for my D7100

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Growing old SUCKS!!! :mrgreen:

My eye sigt is not as good as it was anymore, manual focusing is out of the question for me.
In low light situation or when not enough contrast I find my camera is hunting a lot and I wished I could manual focus, well I hope a viewfinder magnifier will help.
Need information what magnifier I need for my Nikon D7100.
Any help or information will be greatly appreciated :blushing:

Use LiveView and zoom in on the area you want to focus on.

The DG-2 is a flip-up, 2.0x magnifier that magnifies the central part of the finder image. I believe the DK-21M will magnify the entire viewfinder image, but less magnification.

Nikon DK-21M Magnifying Eyepiece : Viewfinders & Eyepiece Accessories

I bought one of the official Nikon magnifying eyepieces for the D2x...I'm not really all that happy with it...it magnifies the image seen through the viewfinder, yes, but not all that much.

Use LiveView and zoom in on the area you want to focus on.

In cases like air show by the time I flip to live view point the camera at the plane press the + sign to focus at this fast moving subject the plane will be L O N G gone.
No, I need something that will help me work fast and not slow me down.

The DG-2 is a flip-up, 2.0x magnifier that magnifies the central part of the finder image. I believe the DK-21M will magnify the entire viewfinder image, but less magnification.

Nikon DK-21M Magnifying Eyepiece : Viewfinders & Eyepiece Accessories

I bought one of the official Nikon magnifying eyepieces for the D2x...I'm not really all that happy with it...it magnifies the image seen through the viewfinder, yes, but not all that much.

Thank you for the info, very helpful, Thx :)

In cases like air shows I use infinity focus. I pick an f-stop that will give me focus from about the edge of the runway to infinity, then focus on the edge of the runway. Anything past that, or straight overhead by the same distance, will be in focus.
In cases like air show by the time I flip to live view point the camera at the plane press the + sign to focus at this fast moving subject the plane will be L O N G gone.
No, I need something that will help me work fast and not slow me down.

Do you use the AF-Assist Illuminator feature? - Page 233 of the D7100 user's manual.

In Manual focusing mode, the D7100 also has the Electronic Rangefinder mode to help with manual focusing (page 78).

A strong flashlight will often work for AF when the the built-in AF-Assist isn't sufficient, but the flashlight will also aid manual focusing in low light.
Your eye doctor should be able to recommend what diopter substitute for your camera viewfinder would be appropriate.
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Pr...ies.page?#!/tag:7WA:Eyepieces and Viewfinders

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back