Looking for a website

gumball513

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Guys,

Im looking for a good quality web hosting site to be able to start earning a few extra bucks if people want to buy my pictures. Does anyone have a good hosting site or and advice?

I use backprint.com for print orders. They handle everything after I upload and they are free.

Smugmug is good, if you want a discount, use code: MahyLKpsV667o.

photoreflect is free just download the webversion of xpressdigital web edition which is there innerface software. They do charge a percentage of your sales but no monthly/yearly fee

Give EventPictures.com a shot...especially if you're shooting any mass participant events...they offer search by bib/jersey # capability. Here's a coupon for half off signup. direct306half

I too am hunting for a site where I can submit pictures & perhaps earn a few bucks. It would be good if the site delivers cheques than PayPal or other transfer options. I am located in India so the site should allow me to register as well as pay me here(India).

Hi,

I have opted to make my own website : viaterra.net. Initially there was only the Travel Photography section with galleries per country and per theme (flowers, macro, animals, panoramas etc...).

Recently, I've set up an ecommerce section where I now sell a selection of photo greeting cards, printed posters and digital photos under license.

Obviously, it takes a lot more time and effort to make your own site rather than use an existing service, but it's YOURS, it's YOUR creation.

Denis

I trialed zenfolio and smugmug for 2 weeks. In the end I really liked the ease of zenfolio because of these features:
+watermarking
+easy to manage
+no code skills writing needed
+fast
+can sell from the site and set your own pricelists

Here's my site for a zenfolio example: Peter Stanley Photography

If you go with zenfolio, here's a code to save $10: HQ4-WJD-WHY

Cheers
Peter

I use PhotoCart - It's a little pricey, but you don't have monthly fees...which I didn't like. You use it on your own server, set up is easy, and after that it's all net. It's fairly customizable too. So far it's worth it.

wix.com u can have the free version or go n buy the pro. Easy to use too. This is if you want a create a website, not just host your photos.

I trialed zenfolio and smugmug for 2 weeks. In the end I really liked the ease of zenfolio because of these features:
+watermarking
+easy to manage
+no code skills writing needed
+fast
+can sell from the site and set your own pricelists

Here's my site for a zenfolio example: Peter Stanley Photography

If you go with zenfolio, here's a code to save $10: HQ4-WJD-WHY

Cheers
Peter

So is zenfolio a website builder and host place? or u have to build your site else where and then use zenfolio to host it?

I'm a little confused on the whole building a website deal. I like the idea of having my clients just type in their password in a link on my webpage n they can view them from my page instead of having to go to a separate website.

Most reactions

Back