Looking for advice on my portfolio, I am submitting this for my college application

Ethnod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I am hoping for some general advice. I am a 32 yr old male and I was made redundant last year and decided to try and turn my passionate hobby into a career. To that end I went on a 1 yr college course to help me get into a good Photography College.

So my portfolio is now due for submission soon and I was just hoping to get some advice from other people. As I have spent so much time looking at the same pictures I was thinking a bit of outside advice and criticism might add some new perspective.

I have spent the last few months or so either working on new pics and projects or trying to get an idea in my head of what I need to include.
I have spent a lot of time talking to lecturers in college and its been great. However I am hoping for some other points of view as I very much doubt that I am the only one but I am having last minute jitters and while I am starting to have a strong idea of what will be going into the portfolio I think asking for some feed back from people will be helpful.

I have around 6-700 pictures in my flickr account so I would never ask anyone to look at that lol. I have my portfolio picked for the most part but to give some perspective to you guys, here is where I picked them from.
Here is the set:
I.A.D.T. Portfolio selection pool - a set on Flickr

Here is my portfolio:
iadt Portfolio - a set on Flickr

Ok, so to put things into context. This is a college application portfolio. What I am trying to achieve with this portfolio is to show the college that I have potential and also that I have an artistic eye. Its about showing them that I can do all of this when left to my own devices, imagine what I could do under your tutelage. (I will be including some work books on my work btw)

I have some themes (and they are arranged in that order)

Portraits - (starts at the 1st one)
The Scott Monument (is Edinburgh Scotland) - (Starts at the one with guy peeping through porthole)
Landscapes - (Starts at custom house)
Powerscourt - (Starts at waterfall)
Shapes and forms - (Starts at Silver Wind)
An Alternative view (Starts at Best Friend)

Thanks for any and all feedback, all is welcome, regardless weather its negative or positive.

well its 28 pictures in the portfolio. I was not sure if that would be ok so I figured I'd air on the side of caution.
Not sure, think 28 is too many :)

4423298817_c1e9508f14.jpg

4193432613_c8d335820c.jpg

4194191692_31570dcdd8.jpg

4381303009_3723012648.jpg

2810956791_88518a8060.jpg

2803707399_d835c879be.jpg

2811005079_01956bc54c.jpg

Sorry about the banner as it was my 1st one, I have since redone and its much more subtle but have not had the time to upload the new versions

Here are the rest of the images

Most reactions

Back