Looking for an cheapish SLR

Not really as much as you might think. With a 10MP camera, it will easier to make large prints or to crop...but even a good 6MP DSLR can result in great looking prints 8x10 and larger.

That is what I was thinking. I ran into that with my little point and shoot canon. I took a REALLY nice shot of a sunset over the ocean and the camera was only like 3-4ish MP. I emailed it to the guy who I use to print all my stuff and he told me it would be hideous if I blew it up.

I want to be able to have my pictures printed for my office or to frame and put around the house. I am really leaning towards the Nikon kit right now mostly because it looks like I could get out the door for $600 and have a good little starter kit. I might also get a wide angle lens for some good scenic ocean shots, what exactly does the wide angle lens do?

Nice choice:) LOVE mine:)

I love my Oly E500 I got the 2 Lens kit. And instead of an 18 it comes w/a 14mm lens which I love.

Just making sure, I am a guest here.

Also let me say that my needs are going to be mostly medium range shots of the wife and scenic shots.

I really liked this one http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Nikon-D40-D...7QQihZ018QQcategoryZ43456QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
mostly because of the price and that its SD, I have tons of SD cards for PDAs and other cameras all over the house.

when i was looking to buy my slr i ran into this exact same auction. i believe their product is not NikonUSA. it is gray market and does not have a warranty by nikon. their customer service is horrible, after waiting forever, i simply ask the guy can i take off some items that was included in the kit and he gave me an attitude, maybe he was having a bad day. but further more their kit lens they include is not the orginal kit lens nikon made for the d40s. this auction's lenses was originally for the d70 or d50(forgot which one) i think. the d40 is the 18-55mm EDII DX AF-s lense. this auction give you the 18-55mm ED DX AF-S lenses. i only tried the EDII lenses and it works pretty good for a kit lenses. i read some review on both lenses and they stated that both lenses are about the same with the newer EDII has a closer focus range when it comes to macro shooting. i end up paying 640 including shipping for a better kit from cameta camera. also ebay but they are real NikonUSA dealers. btw. i love my d40. i tried out the d80 the other day and love it even more. but then again, for the price i paid for the d40, can't go wrong.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back