Looking for an older DSLR

Samsung GX-1L(same as a *ist DL just with Samsung name on it)

Yup... I found a GX-1L a long time ago for $200 to serve as my "budget" setup for K-mount Pentax lenses I have collected over the years. Still have it.... I'd only recommend trying to get something slightly newer simply because of the in body IS which is missing in the *ist's and GX-1L.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-photo-gallery/109445-pentax-ist-ds.html

I also prefer Canon DSLRs. The only problem with Canon is that their consumer level EOS lenses are generally not that impressive. When you start getting into the wonderful "L" glass, you budget has to increase quite a bit.

Don't forget that Sigma makes an excellent line of lenses for several brands too..

To be honest.. $300 is tough... I'd recommend saving up a little more rather than just settling on something you might not really want.

Samsung GX-1L(same as a *ist DL just with Samsung name on it)

Yup... I found a GX-1L a long time ago for $200 to serve as my "budget" setup for K-mount Pentax lenses I have collected over the years. Still have it.... I'd only recommend trying to get something slightly newer simply because of the in body IS which is missing in the *ist's and GX-1L.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-photo-gallery/109445-pentax-ist-ds.html

I also prefer Canon DSLRs. The only problem with Canon is that their consumer level EOS lenses are generally not that impressive. When you start getting into the wonderful "L" glass, you budget has to increase quite a bit.

Don't forget that Sigma makes an excellent line of lenses for several brands too..

To be honest.. $300 is tough... I'd recommend saving up a little more rather than just settling on something you might not really want.

Yea the in body IS is a good thing to have. I found a GX-1L for $250, which I'm going to buy soon. Still might just go with a K110D body for the same price, and get a cheap lens from e-bay.

Flash Harry thats way to rich for my blood, maybe when if I get serious about photography I woukd get one. Usayit thanks for the input, I've been thinking about it and have decided to save up more money and get a better camera.

A Canon 300D would suit your needs for cheap! I have one on the way, and although I sure hope I don't regret it later, it's Canon and suppose to take great pictures.

Carvinrocks2 let me know how it works out for you. Pmigliaccio how much do you want for it. Shipping would probably be spendy since I'm on the other side of the U.S.

Carvinrocks2 let me know how it works out for you. Pmigliaccio how much do you want for it. Shipping would probably be spendy since I'm on the other side of the U.S.
Whenever the hell I'll get it, I'll be sure to post pictures! If I remember, I'll send you a review.

Flash Harry thats way to rich for my blood, maybe when if I get serious about photography I woukd get one. Usayit thanks for the input, I've been thinking about it and have decided to save up more money and get a better camera.

Yeah, sorry for useless info I was thinking pounds sterling 3-4 and up over here, S2 PRO is as good though, I've had both and no problems, real good tools but slow buffer, not a problem though if your not a machine gunner. H

Well $250 is my price, and whatever the cost of shipping is. I use USPS Flat Rate Boxes.

Most reactions

Back