Looking for camera, must be quiet, good glass and compact.

patrean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for a secondhand camera and need some advice. In the past I've owned a Nikon F90x and a Bronica EC-TL both of which I had to sell after falling on hard times. I'm now in the market for a small compact camera which has good glass, preferably with interchangeable lens and most importantly is very quiet...oh... and which won't cost me an arm and a leg. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

How about an old range finder?
A Leica would fit that description...except for the arm and leg part. A Leica will cost both arms and both legs.

Canon EOS Elans are supposed to be very quite...but they're not very compact.

i have some old minoltas and a sorta old canon
the minolta has a bunch of lenses and is in decent shape, but is a little dirty, on the inside but i think you could fix it easly
the canon is a elan2 not to old but its film and to me thats old

haha mike as i posted my second one you said somthing about an elan and i ahve a good working one that i jsut mentioned

Hi Kemplefan
MF is fine as I expect AF will be more expensive. How much for the minolta with a bunch of lenses in decent shape but is a little dirty? It's too big for my immediate requirements but at some time I'm still keen to get back to an SLR.
Hi Big Mike
Is there such a thing as a reasonably priced Leica?

I'm not sure about a reasonably priced Leica...all the prices I see are very high. Look around though.

There are Leica clones...not quite the same but cheaper.

here are some pictures of the cmaeras and zoom
prably like 150 or so depend on waht you are gettin in the outhe pacage still ahve to ask mom

Some good suggestions up there!...

A Leica M3 would fit your need but they're mucho dinero! Sooo... With that in mind, have you looked at:

35mm:
-Bessa (Voigtländer) RF cameras?
-Vito/Vitomatic (Voigtländer) RF cameras?

MF:
-Rolleis TLR?
-Yashica TLR?
-Mamyia TLR (interchangeable lenses)?
-Zeiss Super Ikonta RF cameras? (someone is selling on this forum a Zeiss)

Just a few...

Most reactions

Back