Looking for Canadian Content

DigiJay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.naturalstudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm an editor for a new on-line magazine and we are looking for photo submissions for the first issue which is set to release July 1st (if all goes as planned).

It is a Canadian based magazine, therefore Canadian photographers are encouraged to submit work.

Looking for individual photos or series. No particular theme has been set for the first issue.

Please include your full name, location, and a detailed caption for each photograph.

You will retain rights to the photos and small transperant watermarks are acceptable at the bottom right or left of the photo.

Submissions can be sent to [email protected] .

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Since this is a brand new magazine, we are still working out a lot of the small details.

In addition to photography, we are also looking for submissions of short stories, poems, opinion pieces, travel reviews, sports, technology reviews, and just about anything else you want to write about.

so you look for canadian photographers, or for alien bastards like myself who could maybe offer some images taken in Canada ?:p

Hey Alex..

Either will do! It's not a mandatory policy.. just trying to encourage Canadians to submit their work because it's a Canadian based magazine.
Since we are just starting, we will likely accept just about all submissions (within reason).

will think about it. thanks!

what out for the DCMA..

Are you paying?

This is simply an online magazine that is being started by 5 journalism students for Guelph-Humber Univeristy in Ontario.
There is no money being made on this project. I am helping them gain some content.

sorry, it's DMCA. digital media control act, or something.. bill c-61. basically Jim Prentice and Steve Harper's desire to control canadian media.
more info here: fair copyright for canada

oh right.. I heard something about that.. we should look into it some more...

If I remember correctly, it has to do with people sharing media (mp3s) illegally.

Apparently, photos are also considered media and are applicable to copyright. Anyway, I might submit something. Like flowers? They're my specialty.

EDIT - I just submitted 14 photos :)

Thanks Sultan, your submissions were received.
As it turns out, we live very close to each other.. probably within a km or two, it's a small world!

Thanks to the others who submitted photos, we are still accepting them if you are still interested. In fact we will always be accepting submissions (though only those voted by the magazine staff will make it into the publication).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back