Looking for critiques

bryanwhite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, everyone. About a month ago, I tried my hand the first time at portraiture. I was asked by a friend if I could work with her friend's neice for her senior portraits, and I agreed to do it, with no guarantee of quality. Please tell me what you think. Be brutal. I've included some of my thoughts on some of them.

On most pictures, I used a gold reflector. On some, I also used some flashes. On all the photos, I edited some blemishes in her forehead.

1)
DSC_0156a.jpg

2) I'm not sure what the "3" on her arm is from, but I don't have the photoshop skills to remove it and make it look good. Anyone who does, please feel free to show me how to do it.
DSC_0172a.jpg

3)
DSC_0180a.jpg

4) Same as 3, with some blemishes edited out of her cheek and whitened her teeth a bit. That is the extent of my current photoshopping skills.
DSC_0180a1.jpg

5)
DSC_0184a.jpg

6) I don't know where she got the idea to put her hands in this position, but I like it.
DSC_0193a.jpg

7)
DSC_0212a.jpg

8) I was not happy with the lighting on this one, she was too dark in my mind. I also wouldn't normally have a subject cross their arms, but I thought it worked this once for her.
DSC_0222a.jpg

9)
DSC_0238a.jpg

10) Cropped from 9
DSC_0238ac.jpg

I have some more of her that I will post, in different dress and a different location. For now, this is enough photos for one post.

#3, #7, and #9 are defintely my favourites from this series. I think you did a wonderful job though, she looks very comfortable, as she is a very beautiful girl. Number 1,2 and 8 looks somewhat underexposed, but those can defintely be revived in photoshop with some levels and curves, but one thing I did notice was that your focus seems to be somewhat off on 2 and 6. I have a feeling the lens was searching (I am assuming that it was somewhat dark in the shade?) to focus but just missed.

Those are my two critiques, but otherwise, great job :D

On #2, it was bad focus, on #6 it was a diffuser. I was playing around a bit on that one.

Most reactions

Back