Looking for D50 body.... need advise

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by CRman, May 9, 2008.

1. CRman

CRman TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just looking for a D50 body only as a back up to the D80 I have. I know its a step back but I want a back up. What is a reasonable going rate for a D50 body in good shape? I see them some places over $500.... LOL Just getting a litttle info and insiteful advise. Thanks in advance.

Marc

2. asfixiate

asfixiate TPF Noob!

3. Stranger

Stranger TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    mine had a small ding in the lcd and i got $420 for it.. but then again, i also sold the 18-55.. i probably got jipped but that is all i wanted for it

4. CRman

CRman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Actually, Just found a D100 for $380 (body) and a D50 $340 (body) on a reputable site. Grab one and call it a day? :thumbup: :thumbdown:

5. Mav

Mav TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    They're not worth more than $300-400 body-only. Even $400 is probably pushing it.

6. osirus

osirus TPF Noob!

I got mine brand new about 10 months ago For $480, with the kit lens.

7. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The D50s on a lot of websites are going for just as much used as the D40s are going for new. Its because of the darn lens adaptability, it really made them have something newer cameras don't.

I'd say 350-400 for the body. But have you looked at D70s? I think they are around the same price (maybe even lower), but seem to be a lot more plentiful. I know when you've decided on a camera, the worst thing someone can do is tell you, "No dude, get this!" but I think the differences between the D70 and D50 will be negligible, and both will serve your purpose quite well.

But it hurts me to see the camera being used as a backup when I would take one of these cameras as a starter. You're like the Yankees of cameras, signing players who would be starters on other teams as backups...lol jk!!!