Looking for digital camera with manual controls

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
I'm looking for a new digital camera with full manual controls to replace my CX7330 point and shoot (no manual features at all on this guy). The resolution doesnt really matter as long as it is above 3mp as I dont print anything bigger than 8x10. A smaller camera that I could bring everywhere would be nice too. If it takes SD cards thats a plus too as I dont want to have to buy another type of card. I have really been looking at the replacement for the A75/A85, the canon A510. I've read alot of good things and its about $200.

Any suggestions/advice?

I'm not sure but I think that most digicams from the big camera companies (Canon, Nikon etc.) allow manual control...or at least the so-called creative modes...aperture & shutter priority. Maybe not the cheapest models though.

You can check the specs & compare them at www.dpreview.com

I found a guy who can get kodak camera really cheap for me, what do you think their best camera is that is generally small, i was looking along the lines of the DX7630 anyone had any experiance or input?

the A510/A520, is still really new so who knows who that'll work out(though i never liked the A85/A95 due to it being slow, big, and 4 AA batteries) Nikons(unfortunitly) are all geared towards consumers (point and shoot only) though the new 5900 and 7900 are REALLY nice (quick, fast, smaller, li-ion battery) the Fuji Finepix S5100 can be manuel, as can a the pentax z-750 and the olympus c-765... though they all start at about 350. If your looking seriously i would considering checking the A510/A520 out yourself, go to a place where they will let you hold the camera and take pics with it. Make sure to pay attention to startup time, flash recharge time, time inbetween pics, AND how easy it is to switch and meter in the manual modes.

Any questions let me know, i play with these cameras everyday at work.

--Ryan

Most reactions

Back