Looking for feedback on a few BW photos!

hagata

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the first time I'm posting here for some feedback on the photos I've taken.

I'm working on a series that describes my life and I have a few images that I'm struggling with and trying to decide if they are worth pursuing any further and eventually making prints.

I'm open to your constructive critisism, and look forward to hearing what you think.:thumbup:

Hi!, just started here, looking forward to hearing your feedback, Its much appreciated.

I am working on a "self portrait" series and not sure if these two images are worth choosing/ pursuing to print.

Image 1
concept: show how "I am one with the bike"
composite of 5 exposures, shot in my garage "studio"

$3946940_cjmopuvy25_m.jpg

Image 2
concept: show my involvement/ passion for art. specifically pen and ink.
I think at this point, I'm liking the original image of the pen&ink more than the composite with the figure.

$3946941_adghlqruv1_m.jpg

Image 3,
The ink on its own. Not the same one used in the composite but from the same session.
$8554067058_c831b558fb.jpg

lmk if I should post larger versions or whatnot.
Again, I appreciate your critique. thank you :D

#1 Is a great composite!! I think it can be improved though. A little more lighting as you can barely see the figure representing the front tire. Keeping it a little dark is understandable as it adds a certain mood to the image as well.

#2 again a great image! One that can be improved if there was more then just ink on the figure (assuming all the figures in the images are of you?) If you made the ink form some sort of art instead of the abstract hodge podge that you have now would I think form a better cohesive image... even if the form that you use IN the ink was a beginning of an image of sorts would make a little more sense.

#3 I like it ALOT!! Again if the ink formed some sort of image... even the beginning of one I think would make a better image.

I am not saying any of this lightly. I honestly feel you have a wonderful theme going on here and I am a bit jealous I did not think of something like this myself. I am really looking forward to seeing more from you too. Please do so :)

Thank you very much for sharing.. I enjoyed critiquing this for you and I hope I was not to harsh if at all :)

Thank you for the feedback :) not harsh at all.
I'll try putting an image together in the ink and see how that works out. I really do like that idea and it actually popped into my head after I posted them up on here.

For #3 I was hoping it would work without any compositing or digital paintinig etc. but like you said, it might make more sense and be stronger if there was some sort of image.

Thanks again

Most reactions

Back