1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Looking for feedback on a few photos

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by FLYBYU44, Apr 22, 2008.

1. FLYBYU44

FLYBYU44 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi, I just joined the forum and wanted to post some of my photos. I'm still not that good, so any pointers are welcome. I use a Pentax *ist DL with 18-55 zoom lens that came with it. I shot all these on full auto settings without a tripod, none of them are edited because I don't have Photoshop yet :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for any tips :)

2. lisa_13

lisa_13 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 my mom has the same camera! haha i love it.
    #2 my mom wants to know how you got the water to "flow" in the waterfall shots (she went to get ome today but doesnt know how to do that!)
    #3 love the first photo! but i wish you had gotton the whole reflectionof the ferris wheel in there
    #4 loooove the shot of the building with the puddle, the lighting and everything is cool

:)

3. Crosby

Crosby TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    All of them are nice, well done.

#1 looks good but I think a photoshop program could help put more detail in the darker areas.
    #2 The waterfall is great. Get a tripod and set your shutterspeed just a bit longer and you will get an even better flow.

4. FLYBYU44

FLYBYU44 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well the waterfall actually wasn't on auto, I switched it to bulb setting and put the camera on a rock, then I held the shutter button down for a few seconds. Just a guess as to the exposure, but I took several photos the same way and this was the best.