Looking for Feedback please!!

Bryantjs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, i've been a member for .... 3 minutes now and would like some feedback on some photos i've taken recently. Photography has always been a passion, but this is my first ever attempt at it, so again, any feedback good or bad is appreciated. Also, currently on a strict budget and am working with a Kodak Easyshare with 3.1 mega-pixels. Thanks.

Jack Ingram - Country Singer with fair in background

100_0867.jpg

Jack Ingram - just liked the color from the lights

100_0861.jpg

Small Waterfall off rock formation

100_0728.jpg

Up-close Goat, my personal favorite!

100_0707.jpg

Random pic

100_0659.jpg

Welcome to TPF

Study composition: look at lots of art, photography, painting, statues, book and etc

Read photography book & magazine if that not in your budget go to the library, if the books not at your local library but in the regional system ask them nicely to order

Learn your camera’s capability and how to work with them

Ok about these shots

The biggest issue I see is composition; #s 1 & 2 could have been improved by waiting for singer to look your way; #3 weak subject and build in flash; #4 a centered subject is often considered poor composition, but the shot could be fit by cropping to 8x10, also my personal favorite; #4 IMO has to much dead space on the left, a 8x10 crop would also help

keep shooting and posting, and do not get disappoint if people do not reply right away

Hi New Guy,

I'd really pay attention to the edges of your frame - you seem to ignore them. The first image has a light near the singer's rear end. Another has a distracting rail along the bottom edge.

Good Luck,

Russell
www.russellschutte.com

Great info to start with. I have a lot to learn!! Thank You and hopefully I may show an improvement with next post!

Less emphasis on in-your-face images. More focus on having something to say with the image so that it does not simply convey: "Look, I took a picture." Invite the viewer to "read" the picture that you "took" (planned, framed, composed, etc.)

Rusty Tripod

Most reactions

Back