Looking for flash advice

wyfan64

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I use a big softbox light in my photographing indoors, but it doesnt seem to light the subject enough in the further away shots. I was thinking of getting a additional flash to bounce off the ceiling. Will that mix up my white balance, since the softbox light is tungsten? Or should I just get an addional softbox light? I'm so confused LOL :blushing:

...in your softbox? If it's a commercial strobe the color balance is flash, not tungsten.

It should be possible to use a flash, and bounce the light of a wall or the ceiling. Just be sure to shoot several images and adjust the white balance to find the optimum result. Me personally, I'll have the same problem in an aircraft hangar in the near future.... So I'll be using the first hours with trile and error... Hope you'll find a good sollution for your needs.

RV's, the bulb is a continuous light. It's one of those Dynaphos lights, with the nylon softbox around it. I was pretty sure it was tungsten, but could be wrong?

Try not to mix with colours without creative results. If you need a flash and the softbox you may want to gel the softbox with a CTO gel to get it balanced to tungsten.

Also that photo above looks to be well lit. Have you considered it an exposure issue? There is a lot of white in that frame which will make your camera's internal metre favour a darker image. It is a continuous light? Try over exposing 1/2 to 1 stop.

Most reactions

Back