looking for food

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

Barn Owl, just hovering about looking for food

An incredibly technical shot. Bravo. Exposure? Check. DOF? Check. Focus? Check. Shutter speed? Check.

DING.

I am impressed.

What a great shot! How did you manage to get this?

In what way is it unconventional?

My comment was meant to be a congratulatory one :)

If you draw a vertical line in the middle of the photo, you'll see that the owl is past that line –and heading out of the image. In my mind, that's usually a no-no. However, since you caught the owl looking down, you made this composition work beautifully –thus my comment about it being unconventional. (Hope this makes some sense; English is only my second language and sometimes it's not easy for me to convey the right idea.)

Oooh very nice! :thumbup:

Super shot I'm green with envy! :)

Great shot LP.
The blue sky and the tree add nicely.

Dani.

My comment was meant to be a congratulatory one :)

If you draw a vertical line in the middle of the photo, you'll see that the owl is past that line –and heading out of the image. In my mind, that's usually a no-no. However, since you caught the owl looking down, you made this composition work beautifully –thus my comment about it being unconventional. (Hope this makes some sense; English is only my second language and sometimes it's not easy for me to convey the right idea.)

to me its a very conventional shot, the bird is on a third, well the tip of the wing is, the tree is also on a third and the bird is looking into the bigger empty space. but maybe its just because I look at more 'wildlife within a landscape' style of shots than the 'fill the frame' style that its more conventional than unconventional to me :lol:

Beautiful!! I too love the composition - it's as if the shot is cut diagonally from bottom left to top right. And you've captured the moment of hovering.

Most reactions

Back